+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Name Issue

dev_nila

May 22, 2018
Hi, I got the ECA Report with the below mentioned comment.

"The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated above"

Usually in education certificates , institutes mention only the name of the student and the initial. But WES profile has been created with name and full surname.
Please suggest me how to proceed further. Do l need to submit any proofs? Also I didn't get any scores or comments regarding score in the evaluation report.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I had the same issue. But I didn't not go back to WES and enquire further. The problem I had was that one of the certificates consisted of my middle name as well but the same was not reflected in my post grad degree certificate. I believe it's not a major concern. You can safely proceed ahead just ensure that you use your passport name for the ITA application.

yogithajoshi

Nov 1, 2018
Hello Everyone, I just got my report from WES I have the same issue they say "
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above."

In certificates, my middleinitial is S, on passport it is abbreviated which was the same name registered on WES application.

@dev_nila did you have any issues after? is your PR processed?
Is there anything I should do at this stage?

please let me know, your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Ziya Sam

Oct 19, 2019
Hi, Help me if anyone faces this issue.

WES has cancelled my application and mentioned the below reason.

"We regret to inform you that we are unable to prepare an evaluation report for you due to a significant difference between the name on your order and the name on one or more of the credentials submitted"

What are the supporting documents I'm supposed to send to WES when my name on the passport and academic certificates differ? For example: I was a Christian got married to a Muslim guy in all my education credentials I have my Christian name but in my passport, I have a Muslim name since it was changed after marriage. So guide me with what are the documents I need to submit to WES for verification?

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello Everyone, I just got my report from WES I have the same issue they say "
The names on one or more of the academic credentials submitted for evaluation differ from the name indicated
above."

In certificates, my middleinitial is S, on passport it is abbreviated which was the same name registered on WES application.

@dev_nila did you have any issues after? is your PR processed?
Is there anything I should do at this stage?

please let me know, your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Hi
I also have the same issue my name is Achsah Kelleth Saji in my passport but in my academic documents it is Achsah K Saji what should i write while opening the WES account should i mention my passport name or academic name ?
and will there be any problem , will WES contact me saying any kind of name change issue reported in my application ?