+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES- name different as per passport

Pela

Jul 20, 2020
My passport and my WES profile does not have a surname/ family name / last name. However, my educational certificates and transcripts my have a last name, will this create an issue?

The university does not have the ability to change my name on their records.will that be acceptable to WES? However the correspondent of the university is willing to send a confirmation about the name change issue. Will it be accepted by Wes?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
My passport and my WES profile does not have a surname/ family name / last name. However, my educational certificates and transcripts my have a last name, will this create an issue?

The university does not have the ability to change my name on their records.will that be acceptable to WES? However the correspondent of the university is willing to send a confirmation about the name change issue. Will it be accepted by Wes?
not an issue. wes will prepare eca based on transcript details. make sure you include an LOE and affidavit in your PR application for the different names.

Pela

Jul 20, 2020
not an issue. wes will prepare eca based on transcript details. make sure you include an LOE and affidavit in your PR application for the different names.
Thank you so much for your response, is there a specific format for the afadavit and Letter of exception. Where should my lawyers be from to get these? The local country where I live, my home country, the country where I graduated from?

I have emailed wes regarding the same issue, but highly unsure whether I will be receiving a response from them or not.

Veejaysingh

Star Member
May 19, 2020
hey guys need help on my WES report my name is mentioned as Singh, Veejay ( reason because when I was filling my WES form they asked us to first and last name or they wouldn't let us go further) there is no note on my WES report if there's a difference in my name but on my passport it's only my given name Veejay Singh. is it going to be a problem? what should I do as I am in the middle of my post ITA process . thanks