+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Master Equivalent - Master Degree cheap

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Hi Friends,

To increase my CRS score, I am planning to pursue masters degree. I was checking the BITS Pilani WILP MBA but WES equivalency is only Bachelors Degree. I have a BBA and I am working in the IT field. I wanted to pursue masters in computers but I am unfortunately ineligible since I dont have BTech or BE.

So the option I found was US or UK based universities who are super expensive.

Has anyone gone through a similar thing? And found a university or course that gives you masters equivalency for Canada?

Any suggestions here would be highly appreciated.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hi Friends,

To increase my CRS score, I am planning to pursue masters degree. I was checking the BITS Pilani WILP MBA but WES equivalency is only Bachelors Degree. I have a BBA and I am working in the IT field. I wanted to pursue masters in computers but I am unfortunately ineligible since I dont have BTech or BE.

So the option I found was US or UK based universities who are super expensive.

Has anyone gone through a similar thing? And found a university or course that gives you masters equivalency for Canada?

Any suggestions here would be highly appreciated.
I believe you are from IN , because you mentioned BITS Pilani. From considerable number of folks from IN who shared their EC assessment here in the forum what we can infer is any Master of Business Administration programs that's done apart from IIM or IIT will not be considered as Canadian equivalent Master's. In some cases WES refused to give a bachelors equivalency for three years programs. Most of the bachelors degree and credentials are of four years so obviously three years bachelors from some countries are not equivalent to Canadian bachelors. Yet you can apply for the ECA and give a try.

Lets hope anyone here would see this thread and you'll get a beneficial suggestion.

syedmdsiraj5050

Jun 4, 2018
Interesting! Yes, I am from IN. I already have a bachelor's degree, not from IIT/IIM and it's recognised as a Bachelors degree in WES. Will see if others have anything to say. Thanks for your response, appreciated it.