+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - MADRAS UNIVERSITY

sanllife

Mar 1, 2017
Hi,

Have any one applied for credential evaluation in WES with a degree from MADRAS UNIVERSITY successfully.

There are a lot of posts saying WES does not accept the transcripts signed by the Director in Madras University instead of the Registrar/Controller of Examinations.

My wife has a bachelor degree from Madras University and masters degree from Anna University.

SRJASON

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
sanllife said:
Hi,

Have any one applied for credential evaluation in WES with a degree from MADRAS UNIVERSITY successfully.

There are a lot of posts saying WES does not accept the transcripts signed by the Director in Madras University instead of the Registrar/Controller of Examinations.

My wife has a bachelor degree from Madras University and masters degree from Anna University.
I did WES for my Bachelors from Madras University and Masters from Anna University.
In Madras University, there is a separate section for attesting Certificates & Transcripts for International Credential Evaluation (located near Post office within University campus). It is called as USAB office.

You have to fill a form (from Madras University) and pay the charges as Demand Draft and submit it
You can find the details here: http://www.unom.ac.in/uploads/curricular/usabprocedure.pdf

sanllife

Mar 1, 2017
Thanks SRJASON.

Are all the below required for Anna University ( points 1 to 24) ? Also, For madras university are there any other steps to be followed for WES, other than the one you have mentioned usabprocedure.pdf. Thanks again.

1.Go to anna university controller of examination transcripts section,Adyar chennai.

2.Before getting there take all necessary xerox copies,fullscape envelope as there are no xerox shops nearby.

There are 3 steps needed to complete WES procedure.

Applying for obtaining transcripts:
3.Application form from university
4.Take 500 Rs DD per set for applying transcripts in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
5.You need to submit degree and consolidated marksheet original
6.Degree photocopy front and back as required.
7.ID proof (passport or license)-1 copy
8.Date of birth proof 10th or plus two-1 copy
9.passport size photo -1 copy
10.Fullscape envelop-1

World Education Service Procedure
11.Take 200 Rs DD per set in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
12.WES Academic request form you can download from wes website-3 copies
13.College Transfer certificate-1 copy
14.Degree - 1 copy
15.Consolidated marksheet- 1 copy
16.Request letter -1

Notification for non issuance of semesterwise marksheet procedure

17.Take 200 Rs DD per set in favor of "controller of examinations" payable at chennai.
18.Degree - 1 copy
19.Consolidated marksheet- 1 copy
20.Request letter -1

General
21.Remember to note down the application number .This the only proof you have submitted the originals.
22.Write down the Name,College and branch,application number,Register number on backside of all DD,A3 fullscape cover as required .
23.After one week time you will receive the transcripts, wes application and non issuance of semesterwise marksheets letter in university sealed cover signed across the envelope along with your original degree and consolidated marksheet.
24, Then paste the envelope send it to Wes canada address .

SajinSunny

Nov 9, 2017
I did WES for my Bachelors from Madras University and Masters from Anna University.
In Madras University, there is a separate section for attesting Certificates & Transcripts for International Credential Evaluation (located near Post office within University campus). It is called as USAB office.

You have to fill a form (from Madras University) and pay the charges as Demand Draft and submit it
You can find the details here: http://www.unom.ac.in/uploads/curricular/usabprocedure.pdf
HI SR Jason,

I'm planning to get my certificates evaluated from WES I'm just stuck after reading all the comments can you please confirm few things,

1.Does Controller of examination at madras university sign the envelope now? or it's still attestation officer does that. 2. Does WES accept the transcript signed by madras university attestation officer ? 3. Should we insist the madras university clerk or someone to get the documents signed by the controller of examination 4. In case the certificate is rejected by WES can I get them evaluated by IQAS?

Please clarify

sreedev

Apr 15, 2018

Hi Jason,

I got my bachelors attested by the attestation officer from the university of madras. It is in stamped envelop that is not having a university logo or address on it. I suspect that WES will only accept mark sheets attested by the controller of examinations in a stamped envelop with a university logo and name on it. Can you please share your experience with me ?

Thanks

prabhu1009

Jul 17, 2018
Hello,
Does wes recognize university of Madras - distance education?
I know the university is listed in their tool,however, wanted to if the distance education degree holds value?

GDKSAB

Dec 24, 2019
Hello,
Does wes recognize university of Madras - distance education?
I know the university is listed in their tool,however, wanted to if the distance education degree holds value?

Yes, it does. Distance Education Degrees are recognized.