Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Hi all,

I had applied for WES evaluation for my Indian education when I created my express entry profile.
In my profile I mentioned that I have not done any evaluation for it.

After I received the ITA a few days after I also received my WES report. The report said

"Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree from a non-recognized institution"

I only qualified for CEC as per my EE profile. So I am going to submit my application as per that.

Does this WES evaluation impact my PR application?

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
readymade said:
Hi all,

I had applied for WES evaluation for my Indian education when I created my express entry profile.

After I received the ITA a few days after I also received my WES report. The report said

I only qualified for CEC as per my EE profile. So I am going to submit my application as per that.

It won't affect your application as you have already got ITA without your educational credential. Anyway, is CIC asking to upload ECA in your checklist?

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
They haven't yet. But my agent said that CIC is now asking ECA for CEC PR applicants after they have submitted the application.

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
readymade said:
They haven't yet. But my agent said that CIC is now asking ECA for CEC PR applicants after they have submitted the application.
you need to prove if you claim points else not required. Few agents mislead

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
I did get 20 extra points in EE because of my foreign degree. But WES has said its from a non recognized institute.
I filled my profile truthfully without misleading. If the system gave me 20 extra points its not my fault. I had mentioned that I hadn't got the ECA done.

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you choose no ECA, then you shouldn't get any points for your education. So It shouldn't affect your total points. Weird.

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
That is the weird part. I am worried now. I got the ITA because of those extra 20 points.
???

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you are missing the point here.
Even though your institution was not recognised, the equivalency is that of a bachelor's degree.
Besides, you did get through without the ECA and the system gave you points. So it wouldn't be misrepresentation in my opinion.
If and when they ask for the ECA, you can submit the report which clearly states Bachelor's degree.

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
Thank you for the reply. So I should only submit the WES report if CIC asks for it. Right?

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
readymade said:
Hi all,

1st - If the report says, from a Non-recognized institute, it means you cannot claim any points for it, as they have not recognized your education from that Institution... Even if they have written it is equivalent to a Bachelors, it is simply a classification.

2nd - There are many cases, wherein people have mentioned that they do not have an ECA report, have created a EE profile regardless, and have got ITA... The system is still unable to deduct points for an absence of an ECA report altogether, yet the system is giving points.

I would suggest you to consult multiple consultants, have them verify it, and write a mail to the WES ASAP too.

readymade

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13th April
What would writing an email to WES get? They have already made the decision