+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES, ICAS, IQAS

masood316

Jul 20, 2018
Can anyone tell me how do I get the Preston University Degree attested and evaluated form any of these bodies?

Is there anyone here who got the Preston University Degree attested. Mind that I completed in 2008 from UAE.

Advise will be highly appreciated

Thanks

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Send your diploma and supplement/transcript (both dated, stamped and signed by the registrar) in a sealed envelope which is stamped/signed across the back flap. Envelope must be official.

Alternatively, ask the university to do that on your behalf.

Instructions are for WES which I recommend.

masood316

Jul 20, 2018
Send your diploma and supplement/transcript (both dated, stamped and signed by the registrar) in a sealed envelope which is stamped/signed across the back flap. Envelope must be official.

Alternatively, ask the university to do that on your behalf.

Instructions are for WES which I recommend.

I appreciate your response, thank you very much for the time you gave to this thread, Preston University UAE is willing to send the official transcripts and degree copy to evaluate it as per my request (they oftenly do it).

But since the institution is not listed on the WES website, some posts say that they will not evaluate it.

Will you advise me ICAS for it?

and do i have to get the attestations done from the local ministry in UAE for that before sending them across?

Regards
Masood

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
No problem, Masood. No need for attestation from the ministry.

If the institution isn't listed on the WES website, that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't evaluate your credentials. I suggest you contact WES first and confirm with them before you proceed with applying.

I only used WES but ICAS is also accredited by the Government of Canada. WES are the fastest.

mabt1993

Jul 19, 2018
I got assessed by WES 2 years ago and they were not able to credit my bachelor's degree and given me a 2 year diploma. However, i just recently had my 2nd assessment through IQAS and based on some individuals' advice, they had more than 2 years of education credentials unlike WES because i think they only have a list of universities. anyone who have the same situation? THANKS!!!

Reactions: SabrinaSA13

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
I got assessed by WES 2 years ago and they were not able to credit my bachelor's degree and given me a 2 year diploma. However, i just recently had my 2nd assessment through IQAS and based on some individuals' advice, they had more than 2 years of education credentials unlike WES because i think they only have a list of universities. anyone who have the same situation? THANKS!!!
Hi,

Thank you for sharing your experience with WES. I had a similar experience regarding my MA degree - WES do not accept degrees from institutes that are other than 6 regional accrediting bodies in the US. My university is an online one but is accredited by the US Dept of Education, US State Dept, the DEAC, as well as CHEA - all of which are credible organizations within the United States.

I was sent a WES course-by-course report (I hadn't applied for immigration to Canada back then). WES gave me a '1 year degree from an unrecognized institute' report. I have been advised by friends to approach IQAS for the immigration report as it would perhaps be more accommodating.

I have some questions though, if someone could please help:
1) would it be okay for EE to have my masters and bachelors degrees evaluated by 2 diffferent Assessment bodies? MA by IQAS and Bsc by WES?
2) Do you or anyone here recommend IQAS or CES or ICES for my MA - please note that it was obtained online?

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
No problem, Masood. No need for attestation from the ministry.

If the institution isn't listed on the WES website, that doesn't necessarily mean they wouldn't evaluate your credentials. I suggest you contact WES first and confirm with them before you proceed with applying.

I only used WES but ICAS is also accredited by the Government of Canada. WES are the fastest.
Which one do u think is better ICAS, IQAS or ICES. Wes has closed my account saying the documents are not authentic but university has agreed for re-verification and its UGC approved university. Would really appreciate your suggestion

DivyaS

Sep 16, 2019
I got my MBA evaluated as diploma by WES , I am thinking of getting it re-evaluated via ICES or IQAS , which one would be faster!

mohsinkhn87

Jul 18, 2020
@masood did you manage to get it evaluated.

if this post is still active can someone guide me with my situation. I graduated in the same year completing my 3 years bachelors from the same university Preston University Ajman, UAE back in 2008 and the degree which i was awarded was from preston university USA. the problem is how can i send my documents to any of the ECA evaluation body when the university and its registrar office has been shut down for over 4 years now. Its been over 12 years since i graduated. I am planning to migrate to Canada after spending 30 years in Dubai, UAE.

Mar 7, 2022
I was completed my B-Tech (hons) in 2014 from Preston University - Pakistan and last submitted my documents to WES for Evaluation but WES has refuse with following comments.

Preston University is not an academic institution. It is an entity that issues credentials that are not backed by appropriate academic work. Such credentials have no recognition in Canada.

Any can guide me that how I can get valid ECA.