+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES has not considered my PSBTE&IT diploma in final summary of ECA report

Gaupasna

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Hello buddies,

I need your help in understanding my ECA report result.

I have done
#. Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering - 2005-2008 from
Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (Recognised by WES)

Canadian Equivalency:
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) as per the ECA report

and then,
#. Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communications Engineering - 2008-2011 from
Punjab Technical University (Recognised by WES)
which has

Canadian Equivalency:
Bachelor's degree (four years) as per the ECA report

but in the summary of the report they resulted my education as :

#CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

by giving a reason in
#Remarks
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training.

I am so confused why they haven't included my diploma in final summary. It should be "Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas"

Can anyone help me in understanding this ?

Reactions: aajees

aajees

Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I am also in same situation now. Can you tell me, were you considered for two or more degree for File

ryan1990

Star Member
Oct 27, 2018
Hi I am about to apply for WES with same qualification, can you pls suggest me if i will be considered for TWO or MORE
As long as your degree is verified and says it's a Canadian equivalent (Post High school) you CAN claim points.

The summary doesn't matter. I'm talking from personal experience and immigration consultation.

canadahbb

Nov 18, 2019
Hello buddies,

I need your help in understanding my ECA report result.

I have done
#. Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering - 2005-2008 from
Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (Recognised by WES)

Canadian Equivalency:
Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) as per the ECA report

and then,
#. Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communications Engineering - 2008-2011 from
Punjab Technical University (Recognised by WES)
which has

Canadian Equivalency:
Bachelor's degree (four years) as per the ECA report

but in the summary of the report they resulted my education as :

#CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

by giving a reason in
#Remarks
Exempted from part of the program on the basis of study previously completed at Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training.

I am so confused why they haven't included my diploma in final summary. It should be "Two or more certificates, degrees or diplomas"

Can anyone help me in understanding this ?
To the best of my knowledge, the summary is exactly that, a summary in which they name the highest degree that has been achieved and recognized by WES. It doesn't mean that your previous degrees don't matter.

Reactions: aajees

aajees

Jan 10, 2020
Hi thanks . Can u pls explain more about it . M still confused (PSBTE&IT is state technical board)
And as per #Gupasana it wasnt considered

aajees

Jan 10, 2020
To the best of my knowledge, the summary is exactly that, a summary in which they name the highest degree that has been achieved and recognized by WES. It doesn't mean that your previous degrees don't matter.
ok , so you meant that they only mention highest qualification equivalency in summary but the question is why they remarked exemption in her case