+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES for Spouse secondary school! Urgent.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Cec-inland

My CRS score shows 465. It includes 2 points I am getting for my spouse secondary school (high school, which is her highest education). Can I claim her points or Do I need ECA evaluation? I gave a call to Wes-eca and they said they do not do ECA evaluation for high school only, apparently, they do it for higher education only.

If I need evaluation for her, and I choose not to claim points (465-2), do I need to say, * None, less than secondary* option while making E.E profile?

doge

Mar 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-03-2017
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
Med's Done....
19-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2017
LANDED..........
09-08-2017
Cec-inland

My CRS score shows 465. It includes 2 points I am getting for my spouse secondary school (high school, which is her highest education). Can I claim her points or Do I need ECA evaluation? I gave a call to Wes-eca and they said they do not do ECA evaluation for high school only, apparently, they do it for higher education only.

If I need evaluation for her, and I choose not to claim points (465-2), do I need to say, * None, less than secondary* option while making E.E profile?
You do not WES for high school. You can claim points.

Reactions: Walle_007

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Are you sure about that? This is the case AFAIK if you have a higher degree that you've got an ECA for (or if it's from Canada). If you only claim points for a high school degree, then you need an ECA. The requirements on the IRCC website are:

To receive program-specific points for education, the applicant must either
  • provide proof of having completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program; or
  • obtain an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) and provide the ECA reference number in their application, along with proof of the foreign educational credentials for which points are being claimed.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Thanks.
I am making my E.E profile right now. When I put my spouse education as Secondary school, they asked me if it has been ECA assessed. I answered "NO", so I guess we are cool. Now, it's on their discretion to give me points or not. without it, I am sitting at 463, so I guess I should be Okay!

ANOTHER QUESTION: URGENT please!!!

As I mentioned I am making an E.E right now, I have 13 months of full-time experience in NOC 6311- Foodservice supervisor.
I worked since 2018 FEB - till date. with 2 breaks when I visited back home i.e July 7-Sep 8 ( 2 months) and Jan 18-April 18 (3months)..... So taking these 5 months off, I have 13 months of fulltime experience. I received Monthly Pay stub between 130hrs -150 hr. which is about 32hrs a week. $15/hr.

Now. How should I go about this? or is these answers are okay??

We will assess XXXXXX current and previous jobs for eligibility for Express Entry, and use them to calculate XXXXX score. You can tell us about each job by filling in the fields below. Do not enter any work related to or performed during an apprenticeship process.

Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.

• When you click "Save and Add", each job will be saved to the list.
  • The fields will go blank to let you add another job.
  • Use the modify or delete button if you want to change a job that you have already saved to the list.
Does XXXXX have any work history? (required)

YES

Since what year? (required)

2018 FEB

This is my current job

CHECK

Hours per week (required)

Four-digit NOC code (required) Help - Four-digit NOC code

6311- Food Service Supervisor

Job title (required)

Restaurant Supervisor/Food service supervisor

Employer/company name (required)

xxxxxx

Do any of the following conditions apply:

Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
YES

Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program. (required)

NO

Which of these categories does xxxxxx job fall under? (required) Help - Which of these categories does xxxxxx job fall under?

WORK permit required, no LMIA required.

I am just worried that, this answer do not say any time off (5 months) and looks like I have 18 months of full-time expression which, in fact, I have only 13 months excluding 5 months off, that I visited back home! I just want to claim points for 1 year of NOC B!

Sorry for asking too many questions!! Any response will be appreciated.