Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
Hi everyone, I have a WES related query.

Yesterday, I received an update from WES regarding my Statement of Marks. They have mentioned that my Statement of Marks is not accepted and the evaluation is now on hold. The details states that 'WES received your mark sheets from the affiliated college you attended. However, WES requires that your university both issue and attest your university mark sheets.'

I have done my Bachelors from Xavier's, Mumbai and Masters from University of Mumbai. While sending these documents to WES, I have ensured that the university and Xavier's sends the transcripts which are attested and sealed in an envelope. I am now unable to understand what they need.

Has anyone here received the same update earlier? How did you'll fix it? Please suggest next steps. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!

wick_sran

Mar 5, 2012
India
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-06-2019
IELTS Request
01-02-2019
University, to which your college is affiliated, must issue and attest mark sheets.

In your case, statement of marks for Bachelors needs to be issued and attested by U of Mumbai not Xavier's.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi everyone, I have a WES related query.

Yesterday, I received an update from WES regarding my Statement of Marks. They have mentioned that my Statement of Marks is not accepted and the evaluation is now on hold. The details states that 'WES received your mark sheets from the affiliated college you attended. However, WES requires that your university both issue and attest your university mark sheets.'

I have done my Bachelors from Xavier's, Mumbai and Masters from University of Mumbai. While sending these documents to WES, I have ensured that the university and Xavier's sends the transcripts which are attested and sealed in an envelope. I am now unable to understand what they need.

Has anyone here received the same update earlier? How did you'll fix it? Please suggest next steps. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you so much!
Is xaviers an autonomous college? Then the transcripts from them will be valid. If it is affiliated to any university then the transcripts should be from the university. Write to them for clarification

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
Is xaviers an autonomous college? Then the transcripts from them will be valid. If it is affiliated to any university then the transcripts should be from the university. Write to them for clarification
Hi, I have written to them with the clarification. I have not received a reply yet. Xavier's is autonomous and is recognized as per the list on the WES website. Transcripts were sent by Xaviers and my statement of marks were attested by U of Mumbai. But now WES is insisting that the statement of marks must be issued and attested by U of Mumbai, this is as per my call yesterday with one of the WES officials. I am not sure if the U will issue these marksheets. Any solution to this?

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
University, to which your college is affiliated, must issue and attest mark sheets.

In your case, statement of marks for Bachelors needs to be issued and attested by U of Mumbai not Xavier's.
Xavier's is autonomous. I am not sure if U of Mumbai will issue the marksheets. Any solution to this?

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi, I have written to them with the clarification. I have not received a reply yet. Xavier's is autonomous and is recognized as per the list on the WES website. Transcripts were sent by Xaviers and my statement of marks were attested by U of Mumbai. But now WES is insisting that the statement of marks must be issued and attested by U of Mumbai, this is as per my call yesterday with one of the WES officials. I am not sure if the U will issue these marksheets. Any solution to this?
If UOM attested the marks of xavier then they sure might be able to send it. Not sure though.
My wife attended a deemed university and her transcripts were from the deemed university and were assessed by wes without any issue.

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
If UOM attested the marks of xavier then they sure might be able to send it. Not sure though.
My wife attended a deemed university and her transcripts were from the deemed university and were assessed by wes without any issue.
Yes, I am not sure why they aren't accepting my documents. The response I received was this "WES received your mark sheets from the affiliated college you attended. However, WES requires that your university both issue and attest your university mark sheets". Their website clearly states that they will accept documents from autonomous university. Still unable to figure out what they require from me.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Yes, I am not sure why they aren't accepting my documents. The response I received was this "WES received your mark sheets from the affiliated college you attended. However, WES requires that your university both issue and attest your university mark sheets". Their website clearly states that they will accept documents from autonomous university. Still unable to figure out what they require from me.
Checking with the university if they will send you transcripts to wes is the only option till you get a revert from wes fro your email. Good luck

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
Checking with the university if they will send you transcripts to wes is the only option till you get a revert from wes fro your email. Good luck
The university might send the transcripts but I am not sure they will issue these. That's the biggest concern.

MotoVick

Oct 23, 2020
The university might send the transcripts but I am not sure they will issue these. That's the biggest concern.
Hi Aditi,

I have passed my degree from St. Xavier's, mumbai and planning to apply for WES
as per above chain, it seems it would get stuck..
How did you cleared issues with WES..?
Could you please assist...?

Vicky M

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
Hi Aditi,

I have passed my degree from St. Xavier's, mumbai and planning to apply for WES
as per above chain, it seems it would get stuck..
How did you cleared issues with WES..?
Could you please assist...?

Vicky M

Hi,

Get your transcripts from Xavier's, get it attested from St. Xavier's, Mumbai (transcripts + your degree certificate). Take these docs and go to Mumbai University next to Sydenham College (Churchgate), get it attested for WES. There is a proper procedure and the university will guide you. You will get the docs max in two weeks and then send it to WES through DHL (office in Churchgate).

Hope it helps. Let me know in case you have more questions.

Reactions: MotoVick

MotoVick

Oct 23, 2020
I have passed BSc.IT from St. Xavier's college; however, i have completed first 2 yrs from R.K. Talreja college, ulhasnagar and then 3rd yr from Xavier's.

Query: Do i need to get transcript from R.K. Talreja for first 4 sem .. and rest 2 sem from Xavier's..?
Or Can Xavier's would get me transcript for all 6 sem..?

I know this is messy.
Still any help is appreciated.

aditikarande

Jun 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2019
I think you do. But since I'm not sure, why don't you check with Xavier's. Call and confirm with Xavier's and R K college.

MotoVick

Oct 23, 2020
Hi,

Get your transcripts from Xavier's, get it attested from St. Xavier's, Mumbai (transcripts + your degree certificate). Take these docs and go to Mumbai University next to Sydenham College (Churchgate), get it attested for WES. There is a proper procedure and the university will guide you. You will get the docs max in two weeks and then send it to WES through DHL (office in Churchgate).

Hope it helps. Let me know in case you have more questions.
Hi Aditi,

I already have a passing certificate (issued by Xaviers at the time of convocation) and Convocation certificate (issued by Mumbai university) in jan month of following year.
When you mentioned (transcripts + your degree certificate), does it mean i have to request both transcripts and degree certificate..?
or do I have to just scan the degree certificate (provided by Mumbai university or Xaviers)...and get it attested by both...?

Regards,
Vicky