+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation (Two Credentials)

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
What i have seen so far is that WES evaluation summary states the 'highest' credential achieved by a person. For points calculation you have to refer to the detailed analysis of all credentials.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haceeb said:
What i have seen so far is that WES evaluation summary states the 'highest' credential achieved by a person. For points calculation you have to refer to the detailed analysis of all credentials.
Fair point. In your case, you got that as 4 year Bachelors which is your highest degree equivalence per Canadian standards. But that doesn't mean you can choose 'Two or more..' option right away. Others on the forum who had a Bachelors/Master combo got a 3 year Bachelors for their Bachelors and 4 year Bachelors for their Masters with Overall summary showing as 4 year Bachelors but that did not mean that they have 'Two or more degrees'. It just indicates that their Bachelors and Masters were collectively assessed as a single 4 year Bachelors.

lovesumi

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Fair point. In your case, you got that as 4 year Bachelors which is your highest degree equivalence per Canadian standards. But that doesn't mean you can choose 'Two or more..' option right away. Others on the forum who had a Bachelors/Master combo got a 3 year Bachelors for their Bachelors and 4 year Bachelors for their Masters with Overall summary showing as 4 year Bachelors but that did not mean that they have 'Two or more degrees'. It just indicates that their Bachelors and Masters were collectively assessed as a single 4 year Bachelors.
Hi Asivad Anac,

Adding to that. I have a masters degree from a WES recognized institution. But the institution that gave me the bachelor's degree is not recognized.
The ECA i got only mentions about the masters degree and is recoginzed as Canadian equivalent "Masters".
However there is no mention of my bachelor's degree.
But I guess its ok. Asivad, please comment.

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovesumi said:
Hi Asivad Anac,

Adding to that. I have a masters degree from a WES recognized institution. But the institution that gave me the bachelor's degree is not recognized.
The ECA i got only mentions about the masters degree and is recoginzed as Canadian equivalent "Masters".
However there is no mention of my bachelor's degree.
But I guess its ok. Asivad, please comment.

Thanks
If your ECA shows Canadian Masters equivalency, that's all that matters.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Using this logic

Bachelors (4 Years) BA/MA combo thing
2 Yr Bachelor
1 Yr PGD
2 Yr MSc

Bachelors (3 Years)
Diploma Management Accounting

Thats how i think it gets into "Two or more degrees...."

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haceeb said:
Using this logic

Bachelors (4 Years) the BA/MA combo thing
2 Yr Bachelor
1 Yr PGD
2 Yr MSc

Bachelors (3 Years)
Diploma Management Accounting

Thats how i think the breakup should be.
That's exactly why I said that it is worth a shot but it is not a given - CIC will have the final word.

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
Hey Asivad

On CIC website, in the ECA report section, when we click on the option ''Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.'' we see the following message.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

The word ''sections'' is referring to the headings which are listed below the ''Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.''

- University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
- University degree at the Master's level
- Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
- Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
- Bachelor's degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college
- Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college
- One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college
- Secondary school (high school diploma)

:-X ???

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very true. I'm saying just the sane from the beginning of this thread as well. You have an opportunity to claim 'Two or more...' option but it then depends on CIC if they accept that or not. It would've been way more easier if your overall Canadian equivalency were "4 year Bachelors PLUS something else".

haceeb

Feb 8, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Very true. I'm saying just the sane from the beginning of this thread as well. You have an opportunity to claim 'Two or more...' option but it then depends on CIC if they accept that or not. It would've been way more easier if your overall Canadian equivalency were "4 year Bachelors PLUS something else".
Thats fine but practically its not a good idea to engage money & time in the whole process and at the end we find out that CIC thinks the otherwise.

There must be some way to confirm this ECA mumbo jumbo

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
hi need some clarification
I just recd my ECA report from WES it states as following

1. Bachelor's degree (three years) and two bachelor's degrees (four
years)

2.Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

3. Major/Specialization: Marketing
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

do I consider this as 2 bachelor degree or as one while filling for the application
pls assist
thanks

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
You put into CIC your highest education. however this means you put in what is in the overall summary on your report at the top. if there is one, you just put that one, if there is more, you put them in.

Imranyasin

Jul 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I did my evaluation of my education. I had 14 years of education (B.com). They gave me an equivalence of 2 years post secondary diploma. Now I have completed my MBA (3.5 years).
Any idea what equivalence will WES award me ?

suggestions will be appreciate.

jiger kothamdi

Star Member
Feb 17, 2017
LAGOS, NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nigeria
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
2017-02-21
AOR Received.
2017-06-17
Passport Req..
26-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2017
olipearce1987 said:
You put into CIC your highest education. however this means you put in what is in the overall summary on your report at the top. if there is one, you just put that one, if there is more, you put them in.
hi thanks for the reply
this the overall summary on the top of the report

"Bachelor's degree (three years) and two bachelor's degrees (four
years)"

so I believe it is 2 bachelor degrees

Reactions: Trett

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
jiger kothamdi said:
hi thanks for the reply
this the overall summary on the top of the report

"Bachelor's degree (three years) and two bachelor's degrees (four