+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation Results - Indian Universities

aspirant910

Sep 14, 2014
Hi ,

Just trying to build a thread on WES evaluation result for Indian universities Degree's.
One of my friend got his Delhi University ( India ) Masters degree evaluated from WES. He did both bachelors and masters although as per my understanding only higher degree is required for evaluation.
Also , they have recognized M.A to Canadian Four Year Bachelor's degree , Is that Right ?

B.A:

Crdential : Bachelor of Commerce
Awarded by : University of Delhi
Admission Requirement: Secondary School graduation
Length of program: Three years
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's Degree ( Three years)

M.A

Crdential : Master of Commerce
Awarded by : University of Delhi
Admission Requirement: Bachelor Degree
Length of program: Two years
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's Degree ( four years)

Regards,

aspirant910

Sep 14, 2014
Can any one please guide me which degree should one get verified the highest one or both as it seems the WES results are quite different among Indian Universities.

Regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspirant910 said:
Can any one please guide me which degree should one get verified the highest one or both as it seems the WES results are quite different among Indian Universities.

Regards,
When in doubt, get all degrees verified. Not worth saving that additional effort and/or money if it can reduce your overall points and deem you ineligible.

shashib

Aug 1, 2016
Hello
I did my B.Sc. in computer science(3 year, regular) from Panjab University and M.C.A from PTU(3 year, Regular).
I'm about to send my documents to WES for evaluation and just wanted to inquire if someone has an idea what will be the result of my evaluation.

Thanks

kadian

Sep 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspirant910 said:
Hi ,

Just trying to build a thread on WES evaluation result for Indian universities Degree's.
One of my friend got his Delhi University ( India ) Masters degree evaluated from WES. He did both bachelors and masters although as per my understanding only higher degree is required for evaluation.
Also , they have recognized M.A to Canadian Four Year Bachelor's degree , Is that Right ?

B.A:

M.A

Regards,
+1 for the initiative

Great to see Asiad AVnac commenting here....

My info :

B.Com: (DONE)

Credential : Bachelor of Commerce
Awarded by : University of Delhi (Regular College)
Admission Requirement: Secondary School graduation
Length of program: Three years

Canadian Equivalency : Bachelor's Degree ( Three years)

M.Com (YET TO APPLY)

Crdential : Master of Commerce
Awarded by : Periyar University (Distance Learning)
Admission Requirement: Bachelor Degree
Length of program: Two years

WES Free Equivalency Test Tool: Bachelor's Degree ( four years)

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let me tell you how this works for India, If you have :

1. 4 years Bachelor + 2 years Masters = Canadian Master's equivalency

2. 3 years Bachelors + 2 years masters = 4 years Bachelor's Canadian equivalency

3. 3 years Bachelors + 3 years masters = Canadian Master's equivalency

Off course your university should be the one on their list.

I hope this make sense

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Rocky127 said:
Let me tell you how this works for India, If you have :

1. 4 years Bachelor + 2 years Masters = Canadian Master's equivalency

2. 3 years Bachelors + 2 years masters = 4 years Bachelor's Canadian equivalency

3. 3 years Bachelors + 3 years masters = Canadian Master's equivalency

Off course your university should be the one on their list.

I hope this make sense
Not always true.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well , exceptions are always there but this is how it works for most....do you have any other thoughts?

Gujjje

Apr 30, 2016
Any information if WES certifies or assesses P
PGDIPLOMA from IIPM.
If yes, what does it equate to?

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
aspirant910 said:
Hi ,

Regards,
Hi,

Following is my experience:

1. It is best to get all your post-secondary credentials i.e. all credentials that you have acquired after your HSC (Std 12th) assessed by WES, as while filing your EOI application, you would be required to select the Canadian Equivalent for each of your post-secondary credentials.

2. My husband's case is similar to your friend's. He has done his B.Com (3 years) and M.Com (2 years) from the Mumbai University. The Canadian Equivalents awarded by WES are as follows:
-> Canadian Equivalent for B.Com (3 years) - Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
-> Canadian Equivalent for M.Com (2 years) - Bachelor's Degree (4 years) - in conjunction with previously completed B.Com
So, in this case, points can be claimed only for 'Bachelor's Degree' for calculating the CRS score.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Rashmi1690 said:
Hi,

Following is my experience:

1. It is best to get all your post-secondary credentials i.e. all credentials that you have acquired after your HSC (Std 12th) assessed by WES, as while filing your EOI application, you would be required to select the Canadian Equivalent for each of your post-secondary credentials.

2. My husband's case is similar to your friend's. He has done his B.Com (3 years) and M.Com (2 years) from the Mumbai University. The Canadian Equivalents awarded by WES are as follows:
-> Canadian Equivalent for B.Com (3 years) - Bachelor's Degree (3 years)
-> Canadian Equivalent for M.Com (2 years) - Bachelor's Degree (4 years) - in conjunction with previously completed B.Com
So, in this case, points can be claimed only for 'Bachelor's Degree' for calculating the CRS score.
What does the Canadian Equivalence Summary on the top of the report say?

Jul 24, 2016
HELLO FRIENDS.

I NEED SOME ADVISE ABOUT HOW TO GET THE ECA DONE FROM WES. MY FEW QUESTIONS ARE

01 I HAD MADE THE PROFILE IN WES WEBSITE AND JUST TO GENERATE REFERENCE NUMBER I HAD SELECTED PAYMENT MODE AS WESTERN UNION. SO THAT I SHALL USE THE REFERENCE NUMBER TO WRITE IN Academic Records Request Form. BUT NOW I WISH TO MAKE PAYMENT THROUGH CREDIT CARD. PLZ GUIDE ME HOW TO DO THE SAME

02 I HAVE TO GET TRANSCRIPT DONE FROM 3 DIFFERENT UNIVERSITIES .I AM STAYING IN PUNJAB AND ONE OF MY DEGREE IS FROM PUNE. DO I NEED TO VISIT PUNE TO THE GET THE TRANSCRIPT DONE?? ACTUALLY MY COLLEGE STAFFS ARE KIND ENOUGH TO SEND THE TRANSCRIPT THROUGH COURIER. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE Academic Records Request Form WHICH NEEDS TO BE PUT IT INSIDE THE ENVOLPE AFTER APPLICANT AND UNIVERSITY AUTHORISED PERSON SIGNATURE..

Guys it would be great if some one who has already through with the process of ECA could share his mobile number so that my doubts get cleared

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need Academic Records Request Form if your university is giving you the foreign evaluations.

It is required only when your university doesn't want to give you transcripts and would like to send it to WES directly or they want to know what , why and all.

So, in your case since your university can courier you the transcripts, don't worry about this form

Rashmi1690

Jun 23, 2016
Stanlee said:
What does the Canadian Equivalence Summary on the top of the report say?
Hi Stanlee,

The Canadian Equivalency Summary at the top of the report says 'Bachelor's Degree (4 years)'.

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys , just wanted to correct Point 3. 3 years Bachelors + 3 years masters = Canadian Master's equivalency IS NOT CORRECT

For folks with 3 years Bachelors :
WES bases its equivalency for master’s degrees earned at an Indian university that require a three-year bachelor’s degree for admission/entry on quality indicators related to the underlying bachelor’s degree. Master’s degrees that build on a three-year bachelor’s degree awarded in Division 1 by a NAAC “A” grade university are given an equivalency of a Postgraduate Diploma (one year). All others are equivalent to a Canadian bachelor’s degree.

Reactions: jasminder