+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation results for Master's of Science degree

Mar 30, 2018
Dear all,
I used free evaluation tool created by WES for assessment of 2-years Master of Science degree (MSc) studied from University of Mumbai. The tool is not recognizing my MSc degree as equivalent to Canadian MSc degree, but showing equivalent to 4-years Bachelor degree.
Kindly guide me what should I do to re-assess? If I evaluate the same degree from other ECA organization, then would that change the previous results?

Please guide me!!!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear all,
I used free evaluation tool created by WES for assessment of 2-years Master of Science degree (MSc) studied from University of Mumbai. The tool is not recognizing my MSc degree as equivalent to Canadian MSc degree, but showing equivalent to 4-years Bachelor degree.
Kindly guide me what should I do to re-assess? If I evaluate the same degree from other ECA organization, then would that change the previous results?

Please guide me!!!
Hi,

As per WES, even M.Sc. degrees from IITs or other universities where admission is through national selection are considered equivalent to 4-years' Bachelors degrees.

An assessment from WES won't help. You could consider IQAS or ICAS. However, there are no assurances your degree will be assessed as a Masters degree.

You must prove that your M.Sc. curriculum, research done as part of the study program, etc is equivalent to a similar Masters program in Canada. Do email/contact IQAS/ICAS first before you send your documents

Cheers

Mar 30, 2018
Hi,

As per WES, even M.Sc. degrees from IITs or other universities where admission is through national selection are considered equivalent to 4-years' Bachelors degrees.

An assessment from WES won't help. You could consider IQAS or ICAS. However, there are no assurances your degree will be assessed as a Masters degree.

You must prove that your M.Sc. curriculum, research done as part of the study program, etc is equivalent to a similar Masters program in Canada. Do email/contact IQAS/ICAS first before you send your documents

Cheers
Thank you Bryanna for your prompt reply... I will try to connect with ICAS and CES.

Vinothini

Feb 2, 2019
Thank you Bryanna for your prompt reply... I will try to connect with ICAS and CES.
Hi Bro,
I have same query,Did bsc computer technology in regular and msc information technology in distance.Will they consider this as --masters or --two or more degree or --bachelor.Pls advise

Deepthich

Oct 20, 2019
Hi I have a 3 year bachelor in microbiology and. 3 year masters in medical microbiology from manipal University . What are the chances of recognizing my masters as equivalent to Canadian masters by wes?

mindhunter

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hi Bro,
I have same query,Did bsc computer technology in regular and msc information technology in distance.Will they consider this as --masters or --two or more degree or --bachelor.Pls advise
Hi, @Vinothini, which agency you finally decided for getting Master's equivalency?