+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation related to NOC

rollingpunjab

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Dear friends

I have already sent my application for residentship in November 2015 as an FSW Outland candidate. I chose my NOC to be 2132 (mechanical engineer).

I did b. Tech in mechanical from India. After that I did master of engineering In manufacturing technology from recognised university in Australia. I am claiming points for this very masters deegre only. Hence , I only submitted my masters deegre for evaluation to WES, which was successfully evaluated as masters deegee by WES.
But since my NOC is 2132- mechanical engineer, did I commit blunder by not getting my bachelor's degree (b.tech mechanical) evaluated from WES. Will it cause rejection in my case?
If that is the case what should be done as a proactive approach to rectify it. As of now my application shows medical clear and eligibility in progress. No background check started yet. AOR is 25th Nov.
Experts, Please provide your feedback.

Regards.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
rollingpunjab said:
Dear friends

I have already sent my application for residentship in November 2015 as an FSW Outland candidate. I chose my NOC to be 2132 (mechanical engineer).

I did b. Tech in mechanical from India. After that I did master of engineering In manufacturing technology from recognised university in Australia. I am claiming points for this very masters deegre only. Hence , I only submitted my masters deegre for evaluation to WES, which was successfully evaluated as masters deegee by WES.
But since my NOC is 2132- mechanical engineer, did I commit blunder by not getting my bachelor's degree (b.tech mechanical) evaluated from WES. Will it cause rejection in my case?
If that is the case what should be done as a proactive approach to rectify it. As of now my application shows medical clear and eligibility in progress. No background check started yet. AOR is 25th Nov.
Experts, Please provide your feedback.

Regards.
For the purpose of Express Entry you need to get only your highest degree assessed, which you have already done, so you need not worry.

Getting your Bachelor's assessed would be more relevant when you are applying for a job where the job requirement specifically states that the fore mentioned qualification is mandatory (and the prospective employer wants to see the ECA).

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
TheMaze said:
Shouldn't you send both so you can claim 2 degrees and get more CRS points?
No

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
TheMaze said:
Shouldn't you send both so you can claim 2 degrees and get more CRS points?
That would be relevant in the event that Masters is not assessed to be equivalent to Canadian Masters.