+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation question on Bachelors + CFP certification

Nada Qazi

Nov 24, 2017
Hi all experts.

I have a question related to WES evaluation. I need to still register with WES but would like to know something. Below are my details of education.

1. Bachelor’s of Commerce in Accounts and Finance (BAF) from University of Mumbai, India. (full time 3 years)

2. Certified Financial Planner (CFP) from Financial Planning Board, India.

My Questions are:

1. Am I eligible for “2 or more certificates, diplomas or degree”? Or “just Bachelors degree?” Canadian equivalency?

2. I know the procedure to apply at WES for my Bachelors, what needs to be done in case of my CFP. Just in case I wish to apply for the same

3. Should I try WES or IQAS?

Thank You every one.

Reactions: superspecial90

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Hi all experts.

I have a question related to WES evaluation. I need to still register with WES but would like to know something. Below are my details of education.

1. Bachelor’s of Commerce in Accounts and Finance (BAF) from University of Mumbai, India. (full time 3 years)

My Questions are:

1. Am I eligible for “2 or more certificates, diplomas or degree”? Or “just Bachelors degree?” Canadian equivalency?

2. I know the procedure to apply at WES for my Bachelors, what needs to be done in case of my CFP. Just in case I wish to apply for the same

Thank You every one.
1. Check with WES or IQAS whether they recognize your CFP degree or not. If they do, you can only then select 2 or more certificates.
2. If they recognize (WES or IQAS), their website will have specific guidelines on the procedure.
3. Totally your personal choice. People base their decisions on various factors ie; fees, timeline, familiarity etc.

harryhks

Aug 2, 2019
Did you find any solution
Hi all experts.

My Questions are:

Thank You every one.

Did you find any solution for your query ?
as I am also in the same situation
I created my account on WES but couldn't find the CFP Certification awarding institution i.e. "FINANCIAL PLANING STANDARDS BOARD, INDIA" under INSTITUTE tab.

harryhks

Aug 2, 2019
Hi all experts.

My Questions are:

Thank You every one.

can you throw some light on the procedure to be followed for Cross border CFP practice by a candidate who earns his CFP certification form India and now planning to settle in CANADA.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.