+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation, one credential *missing*

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
hi all,

I completed a Hong Kong master degree in 2016, and a UK Qualifi Level 7 diploma in 2021.

I filled in both for evaluation. But WES only shows my master degree on the report. It didn't evaluate my L7 diploma.

Has anyone had this problem?

I contacted WES for this matter and sent a 2nd enquiry for my name format.

the next day I received a reply for my second enquiry. No reply for the first enquiry about the evaluation result even 4 days have passed.

I sent another enquiry just now. See how it would go.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi all,

I completed a Hong Kong master degree in 2016, and a UK Qualifi Level 7 diploma in 2021.

I filled in both for evaluation. But WES only shows my master degree on the report. It didn't evaluate my L7 diploma.

Has anyone had this problem?

I contacted WES for this matter and sent a 2nd enquiry for my name format.

the next day I received a reply for my second enquiry. No reply for the first enquiry about the evaluation result even 4 days have passed.

I sent another enquiry just now. See how it would go.
WES will only evaluate the highest degree - your masters. Did you get Canadian equivalency to a Masters.

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
WES will only evaluate the highest degree - your masters. Did you get Canadian equivalency to a Masters.
Hi, I did have my master degree evaluation.

But I've seen a lot others' cases with different credentials, i.e., PGD + master, higher diploma + bachelor degree, or bachelor + master, and WES would evaluate both.

The highest credential policy only indicates 'applicant CAN submit only his highest completed credentials'.

That's why I query this evaluation report. And they ignored this enquiry and chose to answer another one (the easy one). Sigh…

I think they want me to pay extra fee C$100 to upgrade.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I did have my master degree evaluation.

But I've seen a lot others' cases with different credentials, i.e., PGD + master, higher diploma + bachelor degree, or bachelor + master, and WES would evaluate both.

The highest credential policy only indicates 'applicant CAN submit only his highest completed credentials'.

That's why I query this evaluation report. And they ignored this enquiry and chose to answer another one (the easy one). Sigh…

I think they want me to pay extra fee C$100 to upgrade.
So if you have the ECA from WES with equivalent to a Masters then what is the issue. Sorry I don’t understand, why you need to pay $100 upgrade. You only get points for your Masters. The examples you give are those who want to count two or more degrees. Where you need at least a 3 year bachelor degree + PGD as an example.

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
So if you have the ECA from WES with equivalent to a Masters then what is the issue. Sorry I don’t understand, why you need to pay $100 upgrade. You only get points for your Masters. The examples you give are those who want to count two or more degrees. Where you need at least a 3 year bachelor degree + PGD as an example.
Because I need the ECA report (for both my master + PGD) to apply for an owp under the new IRCC HK pathway.

The rules are complicated. In short, I need a PGD in recent 5 years and a prerequisite credential for that PGD.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/open-work-permit-hong-kong-recent-graduates.html

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because I need the ECA report (for both my master + PGD) to apply for an owp under the new IRCC HK pathway.

The rules are complicated. In short, I need a PGD in recent 5 years and a prerequisite credential for that PGD.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/open-work-permit-hong-kong-recent-graduates.html
So your masters is more than five years ago, and you need the PGD assessed. You have no option other than going through another ECA if cheaper.

AngusLeio

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Category........
PNP
So your masters is more than five years ago, and you need the PGD assessed. You have no option other than going through another ECA if cheaper.
I could pay an extra C$ 100 to upgrade, instead of going for another ECA. But I think it's not my error so I don't want to pay.