+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation & Highest level of education

Aug 2, 2018
Hello friends,

I have a couple of doubts regarding highest level of education and WES evaluation.

Here is the situation:

- I did my regular B.A. in English hons. from Delhi University. As per WES, it is rightfully evaluated as "Bachelor's degree (three years)" in Canadian equivalency.

- I did my regular MBA in HR from ICFAI University. However, as per WES, it is evaluated as "Bachelor's degree (four years)" in Canadian equivalency instead of Master's degree.

- So, the Canadian equivalency summary is : Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

My questions are:

1. Is it possible that WES has made a mistake in evaluating my MBA degree? [Reason for my belief that WES has made a mistake is that one of my batch mate from MBA got his degree evaluated as "Master's degree" from WES.] If yes, how to get it rectified? I have already sent an e-mail request to WES but received no response yet.

2. If WES evaluation is correct, am I eligible to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more." as my highest level of education while filling out my express entry form??

Need expert advice on this.

TIA
Regrads
Shruti

Last edited:
Reactions: abhishekwahal15

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
Hello friends,

I have a couple of doubts regarding highest level of education and WES evaluation.

Here is the situation:

- I did my regular B.Com in English hons. from Delhi University. As per WES, it is rightfully evaluated as "Bachelor's degree (three years)" in Canadian equivalency.

- I did my regular MBA in HR from ICFAI University. However, as per WES, it is evaluated as "Bachelor's degree (four years)" in Canadian equivalency instead of Master's degree.

- So, the Canadian equivalency summary is : Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

My questions are:

1. Is it possible that WES has made a mistake in evaluating my MBA degree? [Reason for my belief that WES has made a mistake is that one of my batch mate from MBA got his degree evaluated as "Master's degree" from WES.] If yes, how to get it rectified? I have already sent an e-mail request to WES but received no response yet.

2. If WES evaluation is correct, am I eligible to select "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more." as my highest level of education while filling out my express entry form??

Need expert advice on this.

TIA
Regrads
Shruti
1. is your degree actually MBA or PGDBM ? I have seen a lot of universities that issue PGD, which are not being evaluated as masters either since they are not earned from a recognized institution or that it wasn't of a masters level program.
2. you are eligible to select two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees as of the current evaluation.

Aug 2, 2018
Hi, thanks for your response.

1. It is indeed an MBA. Even the WES report says that.

Extract from the WES report:
--------------------------------------------------------
Name on Credential: Shruti Chellani

Credential Authentication: Documents were verified by the institution

Credential: Master of Business Administration

Year: 2010

Awarded By: The ICFAI University, Dehradun

Major/Specialization: Business Administration

Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
------------------------------------------------------

2. Are you absolutely sure about this? Why am I asking this is because I read some posts that there are some criteria for opting that choice (Two or more degree...) like relation between two degrees, or something like that.

Aug 2, 2018
1. is your degree actually MBA or PGDBM ? I have seen a lot of universities that issue PGD, which are not being evaluated as masters either since they are not earned from a recognized institution or that it wasn't of a masters level program.
2. you are eligible to select two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees as of the current evaluation.

2. Are you absolutely sure about this? Why am I asking this is because I read some posts that there are some criteria for opting that choice (Two or more degree...) like relation between two degrees, or something like that.

Hassanawan1985

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I want to update my WES assessment. My previous assessment was four-year graduation now I want to add ACCA in my assessment. I have not submitted my EE profile and WES is giving me two option

1. is it for IRCC upgrade > Yes or no

What should I select? As I explained I have not submitted my profile for EE.

Why WES is asking me to send the copy of diploma my self and one copy directly from ACCA? Any ideas guys?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

MBA from ICFAI is equivalent to Post Graduate Diploma in Canada. Only MBAs from certain Universities are Masters in Canada.

Reactions: viki1805

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello Everyone,

I want to update my WES assessment. My previous assessment was four-year graduation now I want to add ACCA in my assessment. I have not submitted my EE profile and WES is giving me two option

1. is it for IRCC upgrade > Yes or no

What should I select? As I explained I have not submitted my profile for EE.

Why WES is asking me to send the copy of diploma my self and one copy directly from ACCA? Any ideas guys?
You will have to say IRCC upgrade.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
arent we supposed to send ECA to IRCC once we get ITA? in my case, I have yet to create my profile in EE pool

Please explain
No, its always WES sends a report to IRCC. You can forge the document, but WES will not.