+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for MSc (UK) and India. ?

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Hi,

Profile is as follows:

Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from India (ECA done in September 2014)
I am due to start another MSc in Supply Chain in Ireland this September.

I have over 5 years experience in my field.

I still haven't made up my mind to apply EE since my points only add up to 430 so I will probably just wait till I complete my MSc to apply assuming they will still invite applications then.

If I file for EE after MSc should I evaluate just the MSc alone?

Kindly advise.

Regards,
VP

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
I did BSc (3 years) Biotechnology & Engineering and MSc (1 Year) Advanced Chemical Engineering with Biotechnology from the UK.

The WES evaluation came as Bachelor's Degree for BSc and Master's Degree for MSc.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
blurye2 said:
Hi,

Profile is as follows:

Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from India (ECA done in September 2014)
I am due to start another MSc in Supply Chain in Ireland this September.

I have over 5 years experience in my field.

I still haven't made up my mind to apply EE since my points only add up to 430 so I will probably just wait till I complete my MSc to apply assuming they will still invite applications then.

If I file for EE after MSc should I evaluate just the MSc alone?

Kindly advise.

Regards,
VP
430 is a good score. The cut-off in last round was 423. You can try your luck with this score only.

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
msudershan2 said:
I did BSc (3 years) Biotechnology & Engineering and MSc (1 Year) Advanced Chemical Engineering with Biotechnology from the UK.

The WES evaluation came as Bachelor's Degree for BSc and Master's Degree for MSc.

That's a relief. Thanks for the info.

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Maverick28 said:
430 is a good score. The cut-off in last round was 423. You can try your luck with this score only.
I have been told this is enough to apply but a bit skeptic to go through it all. I applied to FSWP two years and application was returned due to capping.

I surely would haven EE a go with this score. But my IELTS expires in a month.

Does MSc from a UK exempts one from an IELTS requirement for EE application?

Regards

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
blurye2 said:
I have been told this is enough to apply but a bit skeptic to go through it all. I applied to FSWP two years and application was returned due to capping.

Regards
You'll still have to give IELTS again. You have a month right? Give it a try, gather all your documents and if you receive an ITA in next draw, submit your application before your IELTS expires. You will be good.

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

You need to have IELTS even though you have MSc from UK.

Regards
Lifehack

blurye2 said:

Regards

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Lifehack said:
Hi

You need to have IELTS even though you have MSc from UK.

Regards
Lifehack
Taking IELTS again is not a problem. Just wanted to clear if IELTS is really required for someone who has done a degree from an English Speaking Country like UK as I have read about it somewhere.

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Maverick28 said:
You'll still have to give IELTS again. You have a month right? Give it a try, gather all your documents and if you receive an ITA in next draw, submit your application before your IELTS expires. You will be good.
Pretty tight considering I have to get other documents like reference letters ready. Discussed this with my manager & HR and neither can provide one in the required format in the company letterhead. Stuck there.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
blurye2 said:
Pretty tight considering I have to get other documents like reference letters ready. Discussed this with my manager & HR and neither can provide one in the required format in the company letterhead. Stuck there.
Ask your manager to give it on plain paper and get it notarized. If not, ask your colleagues for the same.

I know it is tight, but if you really want to do it, you can do it. Rest is up to you.

Good luck!

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
You have to give irrespective of where you have the degree. In fact, you have to give IELTS even if you are a citizen of English Speaking Country...I will ask you to put EE profile and get your MSc evaluated after your degree and increase your score!

Good Luck with your Immigration applications :)

Lifehack

Dec 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
Hi

I have a Masters degree from UK too. I have given IELTS.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Lifehack

blurye2 said:
Taking IELTS again is not a problem. Just wanted to clear if IELTS is really required for someone who has done a degree from an English Speaking Country like UK as I have read about it somewhere.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
blurye2 said:
That is the case when you apply for studies in US/UK or other English speaking countries. But in case of immigration, you have to write IELTS.

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Maverick28 said:
Ask your manager to give it on plain paper and get it notarized. If not, ask your colleagues for the same.

I know it is tight, but if you really want to do it, you can do it. Rest is up to you.

Good luck!
I am working in Kuwait. I can get in a plain paper from one of my colleagues though. Should I get it notarized from the Indian embassy then? What documents will I have to show to get it notarized?

Can I get it from any colleague? Does it specifically have to be one superior to me or will a guy with my same title be enough?

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
I am working in Kuwait. I can get in a plain paper from one of my colleagues though. Should I get it notarized from the Indian embassy then? What documents will I have to show to get it notarized?

Can I get it from any colleague? Does it specifically have to be one superior to me or will a guy with my same title be enough?

Could anyone advise me about this?