+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for midwife diploma

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
Hello,

Hello. I hope someone will help very soon. I got my WES evaluation report for my midwifery diploma and it's stating as Canadian Equivalency: 3 years of hospital study and training. No mention of diploma or anything else. The institution is recognized same as the diploma (state diploma of Midwifery). In remak it's stated that my diploma is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. My question is when opening Express Entry profile, should I consider it as 3 year diploma? Just to make sure I get the score allocated to the diploma.

Thanks for tour help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Hello. I hope someone will help very soon. I got my WES evaluation report for my midwifery diploma and it's stating as Canadian Equivalency: 3 years of hospital study and training. No mention of diploma or anything else. The institution is recognized same as the diploma (state diploma of Midwifery). In remak it's stated that my diploma is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential. My question is when opening Express Entry profile, should I consider it as 3 year diploma? Just to make sure I get the score allocated to the diploma.

Thanks for tour help.
No - unfortunately you cannot consider this as a 3 year diploma. As you've said, WES did not assess your education as a diploma - so you cannot claim these points.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

Thanks for tour help.
The education to become a midwife in Canada is a 4 year Bachelor's degree. If you were planning to practice in Canada, you should research the requirements. Given the result from WES, you may be required to start your education from the beginning.

Elsa18

Aug 28, 2019
This bring me to the next question. Since I can't claim the point for my diploma evaluation, I would like to know how to tick when opening my Express Entry profile. I'm asked if I got my diploma evaluated, the date, the evaluation number and the Canadian equivalency from the report. Was able to reply confidently to all the question except from the Canadian equivalency since in all the option presented, none is presenting my case (year education with no diploma). For Diploma evaluation section on the profile, options are: secondary degree, no diploma or secondary not completed, diploma with one year, 2 years, 3 years, Muster and PHD. Since it's mentioned on my evaluation 3 years study, I would like to know which option I should tick? Can't tick secondary degree since it's not on the report. Need to tick something close to the WES. If I tick 3 years diploma just to be able to complete the profile and submit it, is it something that can lead to a ban for few years? Can you please help.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This bring me to the next question. Since I can't claim the point for my diploma evaluation, I would like to know how to tick when opening my Express Entry profile. I'm asked if I got my diploma evaluated, the date, the evaluation number and the Canadian equivalency from the report. Was able to reply confidently to all the question except from the Canadian equivalency since in all the option presented, none is presenting my case (year education with no diploma). For Diploma evaluation section on the profile, options are: secondary degree, no diploma or secondary not completed, diploma with one year, 2 years, 3 years, Muster and PHD. Since it's mentioned on my evaluation 3 years study, I would like to know which option I should tick? Can't tick secondary degree since it's not on the report. Need to tick something close to the WES. If I tick 3 years diploma just to be able to complete the profile and submit it, is it something that can lead to a ban for few years? Can you please help.

Thanks
You select "no diploma".

Mtille

May 28, 2020
Hi,
I submitted 2 diplomas to WES last February 25, 2020. One diploma is Advance Diploma in Interior Design and the other is Graduate in Midwifery diploma. Now as per latest update from WES,they cannot evaluate my Interior Design diploma but they can evaluate my Graduate in Midwifery. My question is what is my Graduate of Midwifery equivalency to Canadian education? I am worried as i am applying for AIPP program and gotten an employer through my Interior Design work. Although my officer advise me it won’t affect my application as i am under AIPP and require only K12 equivalent, but since my Interior Design diploma was cut-out from accepted credential i am worried that my midwifery diploma will not be sufficient to reach K12. Please advise me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks