+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation for Integrated Masters Degree (5 year Integrated Degree) - Help!

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

Can anyone tell what's the process to apply to WES if you have one of these 5 year integrated degrees? I chose - Bachelor of Technology/Master of Technology (Integrated) as my degree choice, will this work?
Hi, I am stuck there as well, I have completed a full 5 year course in engineering and my degree was evaluated from WES as bachelors+masters, frankly I also have no idea how to put this into my crs, however if this makes you feel better, make sure you score CLB 10 in IELTS. This will increase your chance to receive an ITA after you apply.

varghesebabu

Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

I wanted you help in understanding if anyone has applied for Education Credential Assessment (ECA) valuation of a 5 year Integrated Master's Degree for evaluation. For this degree only ONE final Master's Degree is awarded. There is no separate UG degree and PG degree certificates. It is just ONE FINAL PG Degree certificate that reads Master of Tourism Administration ( INTEGRATED PROGRAMME). This is actually the degree name that is awarded by Bangalore University, Bangalore

So, I am confused whether such degree programmes are considered for evaluation by Education Credential Assessment (ECA) or not. Because, I am unable to find any such info on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) site or this forum.

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi,

I wanted you help in understanding if anyone has applied for Education Credential Assessment (ECA) valuation of a 5 year Integrated Master's Degree for evaluation. For this degree only ONE final Master's Degree is awarded. There is no separate UG degree and PG degree certificates. It is just ONE FINAL PG Degree certificate that reads Master of Tourism Administration ( INTEGRATED PROGRAMME). This is actually the degree name that is awarded by Bangalore University, Bangalore

So, I am confused whether such degree programmes are considered for evaluation by Education Credential Assessment (ECA) or not. Because, I am unable to find any such info on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) site or this forum.
They are. I also have an integrated master and was evaluated by WES as Bachelor and Master degree, for which I believe can claim points for Master when submitting my profile, though I havent reached that part yet. So I encourage you to send your documents for evaluation.

varghesebabu

Oct 6, 2018
They are. I also have an integrated master and was evaluated by WES as Bachelor and Master degree, for which I believe can claim points for Master when submitting my profile, though I havent reached that part yet. So I encourage you to send your documents for evaluation.
Ahhhhhkkk

Thanka for your reply, please tell me how can i send documents

dinzy23

Nov 16, 2018
I have got my results.

WES has evaluated my integrated masters as a Master's degree !
What option did you choose on WES registration? Did you add Master's credential alone? and then put M.Sc( Integrated) in the course?
Did they ask for Bachelor's?

San_7

May 29, 2017
I have got my results.

WES has evaluated my integrated masters as a Master's degree!
Hey Anand,
Could you share how did you fill your degree in WES portal? It asks for these 5 fields
Which of these apply?
Name of Diploma/Certificate
Your Name As It Appears on Credential
Field of Study
Year Awarded
Years Attended

u.pranaav

May 14, 2019
Hi i have selected 3 years but when we proceed further there will be option like years of study ,where i have mentioned 5 years
Hi Suganya, I did select 3 years but when I proceed further, I could not find this option called 'years of study'. Can you please help? And what should I select under Degree Class/ Division?

San_7

May 29, 2017
Actually if WES knows about the degree then they would know about the university and it’s offered programs. So create an account,select the university and then fill in your course, you would see the course in the suggestions.

u.pranaav

May 14, 2019
Actually if WES knows about the degree then they would know about the university and it’s offered programs. So create an account,select the university and then fill in your course, you would see the course in the suggestions.
Ok but how is this relevant to my query?

u.pranaav

May 14, 2019
What is your degree then ?
M.Sc software engineering (5 year integrated course). This is what I'm getting. Don't know why it's being considered as a bachelor's degree

Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Master of Science
Name of Institution: Bharathiar University
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

San_7

May 29, 2017
WES is known to do this, you can try with IQAS as well .while filling your degree did you mention two degrees or just one because there is an option of specifying 5 years degree and which I what I wrote

u.pranaav

May 14, 2019
WES is known to do this, you can try with IQAS as well .while filling your degree did you mention two degrees or just one because there is an option of specifying 5 years degree and which I what I wrote
Can you please email me (u.pranaav@gmail.com) your phone no? I'll give you a quick call

Avneet sethi

May 25, 2019
I have done 5 year integrated mca but when i send it for evaluation to wes they are asking for my bachelors degree and marksheet which i don't have as it was a integrated couse and only final degree of mca was issued. Please help me what i need to do now. i have already raised a web form for the same.