+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation for BCS and other higher diplomas

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Hi All,

I just joined with this forum and gone through very interesting topics. I'm not sure, may be this topic might have discussed but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am from Sri Lanka and in a process of applying PR through Express Entry. I have sent my degree and diploma certificates WES for evaluation.

My question is, I have done British Computer Society (BCS) Examinations: Diploma and Certificate level in IT and I got a top up degree in one of the universities in the UK. So, it's not like a complete 3 or 4 years university degree but I just jumped into the final year with BCS diploma and certificate results. In the UK BCS is an equivalent qualification to a UK honors degree but not sure in Canada/US. When I was applying to the university, I got exceptions for first 2 years because of Diploma and certificate I have. On my transcript and degree certificate say I was in the uni for 1 year and obtained the degree. By using the tool provided WES, I was unable to calculate my true qualifications as there is no option to enter details for diplomas. Finally I've become a graduate with honors after completing the final year of the degree. I sent both BCS certifications, degree certificates and transcripts as requested by WES and they accepted. My problem is, will they be able to figure out I only have degree and on the certificate it says 1 year because of exceptions I got from BCS?

Is there anyone successfully got through the evaluation done for degree equivalents like BCS or other higher diploma + top-up degrees etc? Please advice.

thank you. :)

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Darshana.m said:
Hi All,

I just joined with this forum and gone through very interesting topics. I'm not sure, may be this topic might have discussed but I couldn't find it anywhere. I am from Sri Lanka and in a process of applying PR through Express Entry. I have sent my degree and diploma certificates WES for evaluation.

My question is, I have done British Computer Society (BCS) Examinations: Diploma and Certificate level in IT and I got a top up degree in one of the universities in the UK. So, it's not like a complete 3 or 4 years university degree but I just jumped into the final year with BCS diploma and certificate results. In the UK BCS is an equivalent qualification to a UK honors degree but not sure in Canada/US. When I was applying to the university, I got exceptions for first 2 years because of Diploma and certificate I have. On my transcript and degree certificate say I was in the uni for 1 year and obtained the degree. By using the tool provided WES, I was unable to calculate my true qualifications as there is no option to enter details for diplomas. Finally I've become a graduate with honors after completing the final year of the degree. I sent both BCS certifications, degree certificates and transcripts as requested by WES and they accepted. My problem is, will they be able to figure out I only have degree and on the certificate it says 1 year because of exceptions I got from BCS?

Is there anyone successfully got through the evaluation done for degree equivalents like BCS or other higher diploma + top-up degrees etc? Please advice.

thank you. :)
Did you get your ECA Report from WES? What does it say?

Darshana.m

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, thanks for your reply. I didn't hear from them yet. Still showing me as evolution in progress. I am nervous because I could't find anyone who has done BCS or get certified by doing the assessment as two separate certifications.

Do they make the thing disqualified ??? I have seen in many threads normally they are able complete the process within 7 -10 days even though the website says 20 business days. Now it has 14 business days gone but nothing has been changed on my account.

Does anyone have any experience like I described above? (diploma + topup degree + successfully evaluated)

Please share your experience.

thank you.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Darshana.m said:
Hi, thanks for your reply. I didn't hear from them yet. Still showing me as evolution in progress. I am nervous because I could't find anyone who has done BCS or get certified by doing the assessment as two separate certifications.

Do they make the thing disqualified ??? I have seen in many threads normally they are able complete the process within 7 -10 days even though the website says 20 business days. Now it has 14 business days gone but nothing has been changed on my account.

Does anyone have any experience like I described above? (diploma + topup degree + successfully evaluated)

thank you.
As far as I know, there is no status like 'disqualified', they will let you know the status of the assessment in the report (irrespective of whatever tey have concluded). Give it this week, you should be hearing from them by Friday (as 20 business days would have elapsed by then). Otherwise, you can get in touch with them here http://www.wes.org/ca/support/.

All the best!

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Darshana.m said:

thank you.
Did you got it yet ?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
Hi, I am in the same boat and waiting for mine back. Sounds like yours is further along though. Let me know how it comes out!

kitvy

Jun 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Hi

Can someone share the outcome of their WES evaluation for their top up degree ?

Bmh6338

Jun 16, 2016
Hi I just wanted some information. I have done my ECA in that it has mentioned i have 3 years degree and i have postgraduate degree (one year) and two years postgraduate degree from canada. What education should i select while making the profile. i was thinking of selecting (two or more degree diploma one must be of three years). Would i be getting some extra points for the degrees i have?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Bmh6338 said:
Hi I just wanted some information. I have done my ECA in that it has mentioned i have 3 years degree and i have postgraduate degree (one year) and two years postgraduate degree from canada. What education should i select while making the profile. i was thinking of selecting (two or more degree diploma one must be of three years). Would i be getting some extra points for the degrees i have?
Only if your Canadian postgraduate degree is a Masters you can select Masters and get more points. Otherwise you will have to go with your ECA report and select ' two or more degrees...' option.