+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation for 1 year PG diploma from Madurai Kamaraj University DDE

keerthi2019

Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I am doing 1 year PG diploma non semester course from Madurai Kamaraj University Directorate of Distance education. Will WES consider this as 1 year PG Canada equivalent degree? Did any one apply ECA from WES and got it cleared?

Last edited:

aswin_thomas

Jul 24, 2019
Hi, I am doing 1 year PG diploma non semester course from Madurai Kamaraj University Directorate of Distance education. Will WES consider this as 1 year PG Canada equivalent degree? Did any one apply ECA from WES and got it cleared?
Did you complete ECA? What is the status for you now.?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
University is valid under WES, however WES has evaluated one semester diploma's as one semester only in past. You should have joined a 2 semester program.

Reactions: santi_marlon

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
University is valid under WES, however WES has evaluated one semester diploma's as one semester only in past. You should have joined a 2 semester program.
hello @mr-preetsingh
3 Queries i have for more clarifying please help
1-within 1 Year PG Certificate/Diploma/ ........ should that certificate/course has minimum duration hours ? i mean above 300 hours / 400 hours or no just completion is matter

2-for assessing as a PG Certificate should consider any minimum credits for that certificate/Diploma ?

3- valid institute program with 350 hours and 4 semester but 1 year duration can be assessed as a PG certificate in MBA ?please give your idea

thanks in advance

sramani

Feb 16, 2016
Did you complete ECA? What is the status for you now.?
Hi Aswin and Keerthi,

I recently got MKU one year PGD non semester evaluated, it had seven papers. It was evaluated and given equivalency as PGD one year so you are good to go. The only drawback of doing it in MKU is the endless wait for transcripts and to send the same to WES you have to visit the university. Please apply both the transcripts and WES form to be sent together to make their verification easier.

All the best.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hi Aswin and Keerthi,

I recently got MKU one year PGD non semester evaluated, it had seven papers. It was evaluated and given equivalency as PGD one year so you are good to go. The only drawback of doing it in MKU is the endless wait for transcripts and to send the same to WES you have to visit the university. Please apply both the transcripts and WES form to be sent together to make their verification easier.

All the best.
hi for 1 year does not need passing specific credits or total duration number?
how many hours was your PGD ?and how many credits you passed?
thanks

sramani

Feb 16, 2016
hi for 1 year does not need passing specific credits or total duration number?
how many hours was your PGD ?and how many credits you passed?
thanks
Hi,

It is distance education, i'm not sure if its specified in number of credits and hours. I haven't come across that maybe it's in the uni website. But you have to wait at least for a year to finish and obtain certificate, if not more.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
hello @mr-preetsingh
3 Queries i have for more clarifying please help
1-within 1 Year PG Certificate/Diploma/ ........ should that certificate/course has minimum duration hours ? i mean above 300 hours / 400 hours or no just completion is matter

2-for assessing as a PG Certificate should consider any minimum credits for that certificate/Diploma ?

3- valid institute program with 350 hours and 4 semester but 1 year duration can be assessed as a PG certificate in MBA ?please give your idea

thanks in advance
Instead of thinking this way, just join any 2 semester program from a valid university

hariom123

Oct 14, 2019
Hi Guys, I have a question on my education update for express entry profile. I am on a work permit for the past 3 years, however; when I applied first time for a work permit I added only a Bachelor degree which was continued for my work permit renewal. I have Post Graduate diploma in distance education and got certificates the same year which I applied for a work permit. Here my question is whether I can add my PG for express entry profile or not. If I don't add my score is not up to the mark. Please advice me friends, much appreciated for your help.

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Instead of thinking this way, just join any 2 semester program from a valid university
thanks too much sir

just if you verify this , you do big help to me......my doubt was semester you solved it
duration is matter? or no 350 hours but not college/university -->institute approved by ministry of science which has Jurisdiction, accept for giving as a PG certificate?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Hi,

It is distance education, i'm not sure if its specified in number of credits and hours. I haven't come across that maybe it's in the uni website. But you have to wait at least for a year to finish and obtain certificate, if not more.
hello and thanks
your sound is clear to me
so till now maybe 1 year is matter not how many hours was hold that course certificate/diploma
thanks

vj171081

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Can you please share your experience once you pay the MKU Fee. What we have to do after that for WES. They send directly we have to ask them everything please. Thanks in advance.

Anithacan

Jun 19, 2020
Hi Aswin and Keerthi,

All the best.
Hi, What was the course you have done in MKU.. I have decided to proceed with MKU PG diploma in systems management which is non semester and have 7 papers in it.. will this be a good course to proceed further.. will it get equivalency as PGD one year in wes.. Please help.. Your response will be a great help..

sramani

Feb 16, 2016
Hi, What was the course you have done in MKU.. I have decided to proceed with MKU PG diploma in systems management which is non semester and have 7 papers in it.. will this be a good course to proceed further.. will it get equivalency as PGD one year in wes.. Please help.. Your response will be a great help..
Sorry for late reply, Sounds like system management will be good to go. I did it in operations and project management if that helps.