+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES evaluation fail, probable reasons - Personal experiences

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
Hi Everyone,
<urgent>

If anyone got experience of WES evaluation fail for first time, please share your experiences. Experts please advise.

1. What fail reason/status CIC provided to you.
2. What actually you thought about the verification fail reason, is it same or something else you felt?
3. What steps you have taken to get evaluation done next time?
4. if i submitted PG and Grad certificates for evaluation, do i need to submit net new set of all the transcripts including my wife's for re-evaluation?

4A. Is any one of your Universities provided transcript like memo xerox copy with the university stamp as "Transcript Attested" (some Universities not completely computerized are providing like this). Can this be a reason for verification fail?

Coming to my current dilemma:

About to submit for WES evaluation today, but my University( Kakatiya, Telangana, India) provided memo xerox with University stamp as "Transcripts Attested". Here, for one consolidated marks memo they have taken xerox on top of xerox, then it's background became black color. All the letters appearing but not as clear as other transcripts.

Everything is pretty good except above one transcript.

Thanks in advance .

Last edited:

Srinivas N

Dec 28, 2017
Hi Everyone,
<urgent>

If anyone got experience of WES evaluation fail for first time, please share your experiences. Experts please advise.

1. What fail reason/status CIC provided to you.
2. What actually you thought about the verification fail reason, is it same or something else you felt?
3. What steps you have taken to get evaluation done next time?
4. if i submitted PG and Grad certificates for evaluation, do i need to submit net new set of all the transcripts including my wife's for re-evaluation?

4A. Is any one of your Universities provided transcript like memo xerox copy with the university stamp as "Transcript Attested" (some Universities not completely computerized are providing like this). Can this be a reason for verification fail?

Coming to my current dilemma:

About to submit for WES evaluation today, but my University( Kakatiya, Telangana, India) provided memo xerox with University stamp as "Transcripts Attested". Here, for one consolidated marks memo they have taken xerox on top of xerox, then it's background became black color. All the letters appearing but not as clear as other transcripts.

Everything is pretty good except above one transcript.

Thanks in advance .
Any advise please....

Jack3d

Dec 14, 2017
I have one friend which didn’t get the evaluation, they said his degree wasn’t equivalent to a Canadian degree, if that is your case to be honest I don’t think there are too many options, maybe you can call them and ask, in my friend’s case they mentioned his institution wasn’t in the datebase, what exactly happened in your case ?

suryaydk

Jan 2, 2020
I recently got failed from wes evaluation. I contacted wes with all the information and approval of his collage, but below is the response from wes
----------------------
We have reviewed your evaluation report and confirmed that it is correct. Your documents (degree certificate and/or mark sheets) do not clearly state that the specific program you completed is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). WES requires a clear statement on your degree certificate or mark sheets that the program you completed is approved by AICTE.

We would like to emphasize that World Education Services (WES) evaluations are advisory opinions and not binding upon any institution or organization.
----------------------
At this point i am stuck what to do, can any one please suggest.
There are other agencies also provide ECA
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

Can i go for other agencies for evaluation to get ECA? OR Since it failed from Wes as per their rules, I am not eligible to go to other agencies?
Can anyone guide me please