+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation ECA - Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution

7ca

May 15, 2017
Hi,

I have recently got my WES ECA evaluation report as under :

Credential: Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2003
Awarded by: Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies
Major/Specialization: Management
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is Bachelor's degree (four years) - owing to my earlier Bachelor's degree being recognised only.

I wanted to know :
1. Has anyone got recognition for 2 yrs Full time PGDM completed from SIMS (2005 or earlier) - Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies from WES or any other Evaluation agency..

2. What options do I have to get CRS points for my PGDM.

Please help..

Reactions: Raghul

7ca

May 15, 2017
Hi,

Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institution
Remarks: The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is Bachelor's degree (four years) - owing to my earlier Bachelor's degree being recognised only.

I wanted to know :
1. Has anyone got recognition for 2 yrs Full time PGDM completed from SIMS (2005 or earlier) - Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies from WES or any other Evaluation agency..

Please help..
Hi,

Could anyone please help, it will be really great to have some ideas.. thanks...

Raghul

Sep 14, 2014
Hi,

I wanted to know :

Please help..
Hi - Me too got the same situation.

I have Bachelors 4 years recognized by WES but 2 years post graduate diploma from symbiosis university has been non-recognized. Not sure what can be done now. I guess we can try for some other ECA centers apart from WES?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
You have no other option but to try other ECA providers like CES or IQAS and try your luck. However there are no guarantees. They may also not give if its truly not recognized. You cannot currently claim points for the PGDM.

zenithnettle

Sep 14, 2017
I got the same status for symbiosis institute of international business. Did you try any other agency for evaluation and did they recognize pgdm from Symbiosis?

uditkumar

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi,

I wanted to know :

Please help..
did you end up using this ECA? please let me know

zenithnettle

Sep 14, 2017
Has anybody tried any other evaluation agency for symbiosis. I am thinking to try IQAS but they take 4 months to give results even in normal cases

himanshu213

Feb 15, 2018
Hello
I have done my B.Tech from PTU, Jalandhar which is recognised by WES. After this, I did my Master in Business Administration from Symbiosis International University from SITM Institute. Does WES recognise SIU? Please guide me.

sabahaque13

Nov 10, 2017
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

I wanted to know :

Please help..

Hello, I am in the same situation right now. Can you please help me if I should add non-recognized diploma in my application or not? If I don't add I won't qualify score-wise.
Please share your experience.

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
I suggest you not to waste your money in trying through another source of testing your education. PGDM is not given a 'Masters'. Period. No one can change anything about that. You should choose the option just above masters for your PR application.

optimus1509

Star Member
Oct 10, 2015
You should choose the option just above masters for your PR application.
The PGDM in question is being stated as post secondary study in a non recognized institute. This does not equate to anything in the drop down list. Secondly, the evaluation summary also states bachelor's only. So he can't state two or more certificates when the evaluation does not even compare it to a Canadian credential. To my understanding, the evaluation for PGDM is 'none'

Kritikasood

Aug 3, 2018
Hi,

I wanted to know :

Please help..
Hey can you please tell me what did you do with this assessment ?

karunasud

Jun 3, 2019
I am in the same boat with SIMS PGDM 2007. disappointed and after reading this thread looks like there is no choice. were any of you able to clears further?