+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Evaluation. Confused!

mj_jamila

May 20, 2010
I have 3 yr bachelors and 1 yr Masterrs degree from a university in Bangladesh.

WES summary evaluation is : Bachelors(3yrs) and Bachelors(4yrs).

Can I claim points for 2 or more degrees? Since one of my degrees is of 3 years? I desperately want to claim it. But I am not sure....

Please can you help me decide if I can choose two or more degrees or am I only a bachelor?

Thanks

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
mj_jamila said:
I have 3 yr bachelors and 1 yr Masterrs degree from a university in Bangladesh.

WES summary evaluation is : Bachelors(3yrs) and Bachelors(4yrs).

Can I claim points for 2 or more degrees? Since one of my degrees is of 3 years? I desperately want to claim it. But I am not sure....

Please can you help me decide if I can choose two or more degrees or am I only a bachelor?

Thanks
Yes u can choose "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"

mj_jamila

May 20, 2010
Thanks. Canadaindia for quick reply. But my fear is, if it's not the correct one then my application may get refused. Could you please explain how You deem I am eligible for two or more degrees? How do I know that they don't consider it as only a Bachelor? Yet I desperately want to believe I can choose two or more degree.

Experienced people here please help me out!

Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
mj_jamila said:
Thanks. Canadaindia for quick reply. But my fear is, if it's not the correct one then my application may get refused. Could you please explain how You deem I am eligible for two or more degrees? How do I know that they don't consider it as only a Bachelor? Yet I desperately want to believe I can choose two or more degree.

Experienced people here please help me out!

Thanks
Yes, it just means your equivalence in Canadian education is 2 bachelor's degrees, the master's degree in Bangladesh would not be recognized in Canada.
Since one of your degrees is definitely at least 3 years, then you can choose "two or more..."

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
bellaluna said:
Yes, it just means your equivalence in Canadian education is 2 bachelor's degrees, the master's degree in Bangladesh would not be recognized in Canada.
Since one of your degrees is definitely at least 3 years, then you can choose "two or more..."
The requirement to choose is you should have two post secondary degree with one of them being at least 3 years, and in your case you evaluation says u have two bachelors degree and complies perfectly with what i mentioned in my last response.
Even i have nearly the same case i have one 4 year bachelors and one 2 year diploma and i choose the same. good luck

diadem27

Mar 22, 2016
canadaindia44 said:
The requirement to choose is you should have two post secondary degree with one of them being at least 3 years, and in your case you evaluation says u have two bachelors degree and complies perfectly with what i mentioned in my last response.
Even i have nearly the same case i have one 4 year bachelors and one 2 year diploma and i choose the same. good luck
Hi canadaindia44
I have a Bachelors(4yrs) & Masters(3yrs) from India which is equally acclaimed as the same in Canada by WES (by their Degree Equivalency Tool). So should i send both of my degrees for evaluation or just my Masters. Also do i have to submit my 10th/12th transcripts to them as well or will the highest degree or both degrees(if required) suffice (since it increase the cost)?
Also which one give more points a "Master's" or "two post secondary degree with one of them being at least 3 years" and if later provides more points should i select this in my application for EE.

Your guidance well appreciated.
Thanks J