Nov 11, 2017
Hello All,

I would need some advice on below qualifications from India
3 year BSC in Computer science , Pune university
2 year MSC in computer science, Pune university

Have used the WES evaluation tool and it says
For Bsc : Canada equivalent - 4 years bachelor degree

For Msc: canada equivalent - 1 year of Graduate study

While applying for CRS points will i be able to use “Two or more degrees, certificates or diploma with one more than three years?

Thanks,
Kunal

mira_johnson

Sep 30, 2015
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
Wouldn't you score for a Master's degree? Did the WES mention it's equivalent to a masters degree?

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Hi Mira,

WES mentioned only “one year of Graduate study” for Msc Canada equivalent

Thanks

Mission.Canada

Jan 15, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have completed education in below order:

3 Year Bachelors of Science (WES ECA says - Bachelor's Degree)
2 Year Masters in Science (WES ECA says - 1 year Graduate Study)
1 Year Bachelor of Education (WES ECA says - Bachelor's Degree)

Can you let me know under which category can I select from
1. Bachelor degree..
2. ‎Two or more..
3. ‎Masters degree..

Thanks in advance!

Kunalm

Nov 11, 2017
Hi All,

I have submitted my Expression of Interest. My Degrees are

I have used same details to fill the Express entry profile and the online profile have calculated it as "Dual Degree" points.

So coming back to the question in this forum - mention what WES has mentioned while selecting the drop down.
In the profile there is two drop down
1. Drop down one will ask you to put actual degree you have done
2. Drop down will ask you to put what WES has given the valuation

Based on that online profile will automatically calculate whether you are eligible;e for "Dual degree" points

FromPhilly

May 14, 2018
Do any of you have any update on this issue? I am also getting Bachelors + One year graduate study in my WES evaluation. Did anyone successfully use that to get points for two or more degrees?

I have BA mass communication from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha university - 3 yrs. - WES judged as 4 yrs bachelor degree equivalent.
MA - Linguistics - From Jawahar Lal Nehru Univeristy - yrs - wes judged as one year graduate study.
I am stuck with 435 points with only bachelors. If i can use my MA for second degree points I am comfortably in..

please suggest

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1
Country of Education: India
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Computer Science
Name of Institution: University of Delhi
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Please help me in this regard.

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Hi

I have done B.Sc. (H) Computer Science (3 years) and M.Sc. Computer Science (2 years) from Delhi University. I have used the WES Degree Equivalency Tool to check equivalency in Canada. It states as follows:

Credential 1
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Name of Degree: Master of Computer Science
Equivalency in Canada: 1 year of graduate study

If I get the evaluation done from WES, they will mention Bachelor's degree (4 years) as highest degree. I guess that I can't fetch points for my Masters.
However, if I get the evaluation done from IQAS, will they evaluate my M.Sc. as equivalent to Masters in Canada? What if I get ECA evaluated from both, WES and IQAS. Which will be considered by CIC?
Please help me in this regard.

I got Bachelors (4 years) + One year postgraduate diploma in my WES report.

No wonder the WES equivalency tool gives different result. Can't trust it always :)

mkhajuriwala

Aug 24, 2018
Hello All,

I would need some advice on below qualifications from India

While applying for CRS points will i be able to use “Two or more degrees, certificates or diploma with one more than three years?

Thanks,
Kunal
Hi kunal
Did you select two or more degrees?
What was the outcome?

varunlibra3

Jul 31, 2018
Hi kunal
Did you select two or more degrees?
What was the outcome?
I would suggest you to get WES evaluation done. Don't rely on equivalency tool. They gave me 1 year of post graduate study for my MSc Computer Science, so I selected Two or More degrees while filling my EE profile.

mkhajuriwala

Aug 24, 2018
I would suggest you to get WES evaluation done. Don't rely on equivalency tool. They gave me 1 year of post graduate study for my MSc Computer Science, so I selected Two or More degrees while filling my EE profile.
Hi Varun,
Yes i will do get it evaluated from WES. i have done B.Sc and M.Sc Computer Science from Pune University and have come across a lot of thread where people have argued that 1 year post graduate study means nothing, they should say 1 year post graduate degree or diploma. Hence, for the same reason i wanted to know if kunal got his PR by submitting his credentials as 1 year postgradute study or not?

basimsherif

Nov 12, 2019
Hi Varun,
Yes i will do get it evaluated from WES. i have done B.Sc and M.Sc Computer Science from Pune University and have come across a lot of thread where people have argued that 1 year post graduate study means nothing, they should say 1 year post graduate degree or diploma. Hence, for the same reason i wanted to know if kunal got his PR by submitting his credentials as 1 year postgradute study or not?
Hi, any updates on this?