+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES EQUIVALENCY

SALMANASLAM

Jun 8, 2020
I AM ACCA MEMBER AND I AM HAVING BCOM DEGREE ( 2YRS FROM PAKISTAN) , HOW MUCH WILL IT BE EQUIVALANT UNDER CANADIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM..
WHERE TO GET IT ASSESSED ? WES OR ANY OTHER ?

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
WES is one of the options:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html

You can try if you can match your institute and degree with their online tool before you decide whether or not to apply for their service:
https://www.wes.org/ca/wes-tools/

Mind that their operation have previously suspended due to COVID and is only resuming limited service recently so don't expect they can have everything completed within 35 business days as stated on their service pledge..

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
BCom i'm not sure, but there is no such thing as a 2 year Bachelor's degree in Canada, i would guess you'll get equivalent to a 2 year diploma but don't quote me on that.

ACCA member is equivalent to a 4 year Bachelor's degree

Reactions: SALMANASLAM

SALMANASLAM

Jun 8, 2020
WES is one of the options:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/how.html

You can try if you can match your institute and degree with their online tool before you decide whether or not to apply for their service:
https://www.wes.org/ca/wes-tools/

Mind that their operation have previously suspended due to COVID and is only resuming limited service recently so don't expect they can have everything completed within 35 business days as stated on their service pledge..
I tried to check but Pakistan is not listed in online tool.

aleemkhan8608

Feb 7, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question about my WES evaluation , I did my bachelors in science ( 3 Years ) and Masters in science ( 2 Years ) from India. But in Wes evaluation it shows " Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) " as per Canadian equivalency . So my question is what should I mention in my application .? should I fill out form as a Bachelors or masters. Please advice, your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
Hi guys, I have a question about my WES evaluation , I did my bachelors in science ( 3 Years ) and Masters in science ( 2 Years ) from India. But in Wes evaluation it shows " Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) " as per Canadian equivalency . So my question is what should I mention in my application .? should I fill out form as a Bachelors or masters. Please advice, your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
Based on -
  • Bachelor's degree or 3-year diploma from college, university, technical or trade school - 112 points
  • More than one degree, certificate or diploma (one must be for a 3-year or longer program) - 119 points
  • Master's degree - 126 points
119 maybe?
You may need to check with a consultant...

SALMANASLAM

Jun 8, 2020
Based on -
  • Bachelor's degree or 3-year diploma from college, university, technical or trade school - 112 points
  • More than one degree, certificate or diploma (one must be for a 3-year or longer program) - 119 points
  • Master's degree - 126 points
119 maybe?
You may need to check with a consultant...
so for BCOM ( 2 YRS ) AND ACCA , I ll get 119 too.. is it so ?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

Thanks in Advance
This is the problem with WES, most Master's degree from India they only give postgraduate diploma instead of Master's equivalency.

You can only put what you have according to your ECA, so you can 4 year Bachelor's degree and 1 year postgraduate diploma.

If you really need the points for Master's degree, you can try to get another ECA done from CES or IQAS, they will usually give equivalency of Master's degree for Master's degrees from India.