+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES-Equivalency for Diploma in Mgmt-IGNOU -Please help

Brenna

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dear Experts,

Does WES provide equivalency for Diploma in Management from IGNOU. I could not verify this from WES "Free Degree Equivalency Tool" as no Diploma courses are available in the drop down list.

I have already got my Bachelor Degree(B.Tech - IT) equivalency from WES. Later I took this Diploma course from IGNOU.
Is it possible to claim "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" with a Bachelor and Diploma(If WES provides a equivalent)

Please help.Awaiting your reply.

omnishu

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Hi,
Can you share your experience based on the IGNOU diploma, was it accepted by WES ?

canadaindia44

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11-10-2015
IELTS Request
20-10-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Brenna said:
Dear Experts,

Does WES provide equivalency for Diploma in Management from IGNOU. I could not verify this from WES "Free Degree Equivalency Tool" as no Diploma courses are available in the drop down list.

I have already got my Bachelor Degree(B.Tech - IT) equivalency from WES. Later I took this Diploma course from IGNOU.
Is it possible to claim "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" with a Bachelor and Diploma(If WES provides a equivalent)

You bet can.

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
Brenna said:
Dear Experts,

For my Diploma of Management I have got a " Completion of a college level certificate ( one year ) "

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Dear Experts,

Hi Brenna ,Did you get your ECA for the IGNOU diploma

vin1906

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Hi all even I am having same question ... I have my bachelors accredited by wes and have enrolled for one year pg diploma from ignou will I get it accredited and will that fetch me those extra points ..

ndshah26

Oct 11, 2017
Hi all even I am having same question ... I have my bachelors accredited by wes and have enrolled for one year pg diploma from ignou will I get it accredited and will that fetch me those extra points ..
Not sure whats your question here? I have two Bachelor's degrees from the same institute and WES has specifically provided two separate evaluations for the same...If I get two separate valuations from WES that are canadian equivalent of a degree or a certificate, only then I can claim those additional points ("two or more degrees.......")....HTH

vin1906

Star Member
Jun 12, 2015
Not sure whats your question here? I have two Bachelor's degrees from the same institute and WES has specifically provided two separate evaluations for the same...If I get two separate valuations from WES that are canadian equivalent of a degree or a certificate, only then I can claim those additional points ("two or more degrees.......")....HTH
I have done my bachelors from different university and its been evaluated positively by wes .. Now in order to fetch extra points under two or more category I have enrolled for a pg diploma from ignou. just wanted to know whether its accredited earlier by wes... Anyone who did the same....

Reactions: HelloJai

saba.khan

Apr 9, 2018
Dear Experts,

Hi.
Could you please share what did Diploma fetch you?
Were you able to claim "Two or more..." option?

May 22, 2018
Hi.
Could you please share what did Diploma fetch you?
Were you able to claim "Two or more..." option?
Hey Saba,
I have the same case like you. I did my BCA from IGNOU and now wanted to enroll myself in PGDAS(Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Statistics).
BCA from IGNOU is not a 3-year Graduate Degree as per WES Canada.
I wanted to know, whether my both(BCA+PGDAS) things will be equivalent to 3-year degree as per Canada WES.
If you got any information, kindly share.
Thanks,
Nishant Kashyap