+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - ECA report

Neo_21

Sep 22, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have a query regarding my WES report , I had sent 2 credentials a bachelors degree (4 years) and a 1 year full time post graduate diploma in management for WES, WES came back with Canadian Equivalency Summary as bachelors degree 4 years.
However in details for my bachelor degree it mentions Canadian equivalency as "bachelor's degree 4yrs" from recognised institution and for my 1 year fulltime post graduate diploma in management for executives as "completion of an executive program management program offered by a graduate school of business" from a recognised institution.

I understand a 1year fulltime PGDM from an IIM in india is considered equivalent to a master's program in India.

Whether this summary from WES will be considered as 2 or more post secondary credentials for Express Entry?

Any insights in this regard will be highly appreciable.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi Folks,

I have a query regarding my WES report , I had sent 2 credentials a bachelors degree (4 years) and a 1 year full time post graduate diploma in management for WES, WES came back with Canadian Equivalency Summary as bachelors degree 4 years.
However in details for my bachelor degree it mentions Canadian equivalency as "bachelor's degree 4yrs" from recognised institution and for my 1 year fulltime post graduate diploma in management for executives as "completion of an executive program management program offered by a graduate school of business" from a recognised institution.

I understand a 1year fulltime PGDM from an IIM in india is considered equivalent to a master's program in India.

Whether this summary from WES will be considered as 2 or more post secondary credentials for Express Entry?

You have to go by what the Equivalency Summary says. If WES says both Degrees are only equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor's Degree, then you can only claim points for Bachelor's Degree as your highest educational qualification. Unfortunately, our own understanding of what our Qualifications equate to, isn't always equivalent to WES's assessment.

Based on IRCC's website, you have to select 'Bachelor's Degree' as your highest educational qualification.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:

• College Diploma (three years)
  • Diploma (three years)
  • Three-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year advanced diploma
  • Bachelor's Degree
  • Applied Bachelor's Degree
  • Bachelor's degree (three years)
  • Three-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Three-year Bachelor degree
  • Bachelor's degree (four years)
  • Four-year Bachelor's degree, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • Four-year Bachelor degree
  • Four-year advanced diploma
  • Three-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Applied Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Bachelor of Technology degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Three-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a focus in [area of concentration]

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)

Reactions: Neo_21

Neo_21

Sep 22, 2017
You have to go by what the Equivalency Summary says. If WES says both Degrees are only equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor's Degree, then you can only claim points for Bachelor's Degree as your highest educational qualification. Unfortunately, our own understanding of what our Qualifications equate to, isn't always equivalent to WES's assessment.

Based on IRCC's website, you have to select 'Bachelor's Degree' as your highest educational qualification.

Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
ECA assessment results:

• Diploma (three years)
  • Bachelor's Degree

ECA assessment results:

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• Graduate Certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate diploma
Hey thanks, mine is one-year full-time postgraduate diploma from one of the top graduate school of business in India. I have replied to WES, hoping to get a positive response. Otherwise will have to take it as Bachelor's degree (4yrs) only .. Any IIM graduate from India who would have experienced the same ??

jmkool

Mar 27, 2018
Hi Folks,

Hello i need your help while filling wes form in university type what do i select for post graduate diploma 2 years ( University education) or State technical education ?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi!

Did you submit your EOI application? What did you select - bachelors or bachelors as well as other degree? Have your received an ITA so far?

Hi Folks,

Aug 10, 2018
Hi Folks,

Hello,

Can you please confirm what option did you finally choose while applying for PR and what were the results? Did you get any response from WES to re-evaluate your report.

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi neo, any update on this? Would be great if you could share your results and status in the process.

Hi Folks,

Reactions: sandeep91sharma

User_ID

Oct 25, 2018

ECA assessment results:

• Diploma (three years)
  • Bachelor's Degree

ECA assessment results:

• Graduate Certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate diploma
Need urgent help: My ECA is as below
Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an executive
management program offered by a graduate school of business.
Would "executive management program" qualify for any graduate or post graduate certificate?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Need urgent help: My ECA is as below
Bachelor's degree (three years) and completion of an executive
management program offered by a graduate school of business.
Would "executive management program" qualify for any graduate or post graduate certificate?
I have the similar report from WES. So I got the PG certificate evaluated from IQAS. It was a time consuming process (3 months in complete), however their evaluation now allows me to claim points for both degrees,diplomas, ceritficates.

Reactions: saumya_chadha

User_ID

Oct 25, 2018
I have the similar report from WES. So I got the PG certificate evaluated from IQAS. It was a time consuming process (3 months in complete), however their evaluation now allows me to claim points for both degrees,diplomas, ceritficates.
Thanks a lot for the response, appreciate it. I heard that for IQAS evaluation they need the institution to send the transcript directly or is it possible for me to send it after collecting from institution. It would be really helpful if you can share the process for IQAS. Thanks a lot for your help in advance :).

nominaut

Oct 25, 2018
I have some doubts
1 my degree is on my before marriage name and now in my official document my name is of post marriage.So I hope this will not have any issue in ECA report
2I am primary applicant and my husband is secondary and we both are BE so when we get degree assessed we have to pay ECA fees for each and have 2 reference number from ECA site or it is just one ECA ref number and our degree would be assessed under one report as it is for one PR

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot for the response, appreciate it. I heard that for IQAS evaluation they need the institution to send the transcript directly or is it possible for me to send it after collecting from institution. It would be really helpful if you can share the process for IQAS. Thanks a lot for your help in advance :).
While iqas states they need transcripts from the university, you can send sealed transcripts envelope with other documents. Process is plain and simple, check the iqas thread for details about process and timelines.

saumya_chadha

Nov 14, 2018
hi temp3385, ur post is helpful....i m in similar situation. did b.tech and 15-month full time executive pgdm...for b.tech canadian equivalency is bachelor's degree...for executive pgdm canadian equivalency is Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate
school of business......overall canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor's degree (four years)

have written to WES but they r nt ready to change the report

as a result i can't claim for 2 or more certificates, degrees.....

after reading ur post i m planning to get my executive pgdm evaluation from iqas.....please advise i need to send only transcripts and degree for executive pgdm course...right? no need to send transcripts and degree of b.tech

thank u

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Yes, I only sent them the pgdm transcripts (in sealed envelope) and degree.

hi temp3385, ur post is helpful....i m in similar situation. did b.tech and 15-month full time executive pgdm...for b.tech canadian equivalency is bachelor's degree...for executive pgdm canadian equivalency is Completion of an executive management program offered by a graduate
school of business......overall canadian equivalency summary is Bachelor's degree (four years)

have written to WES but they r nt ready to change the report

as a result i can't claim for 2 or more certificates, degrees.....

after reading ur post i m planning to get my executive pgdm evaluation from iqas.....please advise i need to send only transcripts and degree for executive pgdm course...right? no need to send transcripts and degree of b.tech

thank u

Reactions: saumya_chadha