+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Report - Please help to find right choice

nasirsahab

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
I got my ECA report from WES mentioned that

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

Credential: Bachelor of Computer Science Canadian Equivalency : Diploma (2 Years)
Credential: Master of Computer Science Canadian Equivalency : Bachelors Degree (3 Years)

Now in express entry i have following two choices:-

1) Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute (112 points)

2) Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years (119 points)

I am confused which choice should I select. Please help.

Aust-Canada

Mar 18, 2015
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would have thought the second option. You have two credentials and one is 3 years, so you'd get the extra points. If it was for me that's what I'd pick.

nasirsahab

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Aust-Canada said:
I would have thought the second option. You have two credentials and one is 3 years, so you'd get the extra points. If it was for me that's what I'd pick.
thanks for your reply. i also think so that 2nd option should be selected.

DimaK

Feb 17, 2015
I'm in a similar situation, I have 2 diplomas, one is B.Sc. (4 years) and another one P.E. (2 years).
Following CIC rules it's 2 diplomas, when one is more than 3 years.

I just got answer from WES: "Please be advised that it is World Education Services policy to only list the highest credential at the equivalency summary of the evaluation report".

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nasirsahab

I fail to understand Why is masters being treated as bachelors equivalent? ( from which country you pursued your academics.