+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Report IILM (www.iilm.edu.com)

Jul 31, 2016
[size=10pt]Hi Everyone !

I have a quick question, I am done my Post Graduation Diploma In Management from IILM. Will WES accept this as Master Degree equivalent to Canada Masters? Has anyone gone through the WES ECA process and got IILM Post graduation diploma in management or any other course recognised by WES as Canadian Masters equivalency.

Please do reply.
Cheers !
[/size]

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IndiantoCanadian said:
[size=10pt]Hi Everyone !

I have a quick question, I am done my Post Graduation Diploma In Management from IILM. Will WES accept this as Master Degree equivalent to Canada Masters? Has anyone gone through the WES ECA process and got IILM Post graduation diploma in management or any other course recognised by WES as Canadian Masters equivalency.

Please do reply.
Cheers !
[/size]
I haven't been to IILM, but ECA will almost certainly not assess a PGD as a Master's.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
IndiantoCanadian said:
[size=10pt]Hi Everyone !

Please do reply.
Cheers !
[/size]
Use this tool to find the Canadian equivalency of your foreign education http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
Use this tool to find the Canadian equivalency of your foreign education http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp?
The equivalency tool only shows bachelor's and master's degrees; it doesn't show PGDs.

abhere

May 2, 2015
Hi Istari,
Thanks for your update , i had completed by Bachelor of engineering(Computer Science) and then Post graduate diploma in HR . However, WES only recognised my BE in computer science and had given the certificate stating only B.E as recognised.
Now my doubt is that i have more than 3+ years of experience in 1121(HR professional) as i have post graduate diploma in HR,however my WES shows Bachelor of engineering as my ECA.Will this cause any issue since my experience is in 1121(HR professional) and my ECA shows B.E(Computer science).
Please guide me as my current CRS score is 425 and waiting for OINP from last 8 months.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
As far as I know, they do give PGDM degrees from India a masters equivalent ONLY if the PGDM is recognized by AIU ( Association of Indian Universities). Please check if your institution is on the AIU list. PGDM from XLRI, IIM and other independent institutions on the AIU list have received Masters equivalent based on information on this forum.

So the following is what to be expected normally based on feedback from Forum.

1 - PGDM from an unrecognized institute or blacklisted institution = Not recognized by WES.
2 - PGDM from an independent institution recognized by AICTE = 2 more degrees option. It is evaluated as a diploma.
3 - PGDM from an independent institution recognized by AICTE and AIU = Masters equivalent.

The onus of supplying additional documents to WES along with your degree certificate and proof that it is AICTE and AIU recognized lies on you. I know a few cases where a Diploma equivalent assessment was changed to Masters by WES when the candidate showed proof of AIU recognition.

Thanks!

Reactions: heymanthkumar

abhere

May 2, 2015
Hi Johnsk,
Thanks for the update,It's an executive Pgdm of 1 yr and I checked Wes site,my college is not listed(Since its new and they have not listed themselves in AICTE)
So am I eligible for express entry or it's not possible because my eca is b.e(bachelor of engg.) and my work experience is in 1121 (hr professional)??

My doubt arised because of below points mentioned in the CIC portal :
*******************************************************************************************
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1121&ver=16&val65=0[/b]

Employment requirements

A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
or
Completion of a professional development program in human resources administration is required.
Some employers may require human resources professionals to hold a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
***********************************************************************************************************

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
abhere said:
Hi Johnsk,
Thanks for the update,It's an executive Pgdm of 1 yr and I checked Wes site,my college is not listed(Since its new and they have not listed themselves in AICTE)
So am I eligible for express entry or it's not possible because my eca is b.e(bachelor of engg.) and my work experience is in 1121 (hr professional)??

My doubt arised because of below points mentioned in the CIC portal :
*******************************************************************************************
http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1121&ver=16&val65=0[/b]

Employment requirements

A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology
or
Completion of a professional development program in human resources administration is required.
Some employers may require human resources professionals to hold a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation.
***********************************************************************************************************
You are fine for Express Entry as far as I can tell. However I am not sure. Maybe someone else can advice on the same.

Sushobh

Feb 6, 2018
Dear All, I am new to this group. I am sure there is someone to help me....
I have completed my PGDM from IILM Gurgaon (10-12 batch) approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC. Any luck to get this accepted as WES degree? Or is there any other ECA which is more friendly to accept masters from such colleges. I am really worried as this would kill my score badly. Any inputs please...

Sushobh

Feb 6, 2018
My masters degree is reflected as non approved institute , however I know a classmate of mine who got masters approved. Secondly my college was not aicte certified when I completed my degree 2012 , but from 2016 it is certified & is on aicte list....please help...!!

Piyush Mittal

Jul 15, 2019
As far as I know, they do give PGDM degrees from India a masters equivalent ONLY if the PGDM is recognized by AIU ( Association of Indian Universities). Please check if your institution is on the AIU list. PGDM from XLRI, IIM and other independent institutions on the AIU list have received Masters equivalent based on information on this forum.

So the following is what to be expected normally based on feedback from Forum.

1 - PGDM from an unrecognized institute or blacklisted institution = Not recognized by WES.
2 - PGDM from an independent institution recognized by AICTE = 2 more degrees option. It is evaluated as a diploma.
3 - PGDM from an independent institution recognized by AICTE and AIU = Masters equivalent.

The onus of supplying additional documents to WES along with your degree certificate and proof that it is AICTE and AIU recognized lies on you. I know a few cases where a Diploma equivalent assessment was changed to Masters by WES when the candidate showed proof of AIU recognition.

Thanks!
Hi johnsyk

I did my PGDM from IILM GURGAON which is AICTE, UGC, and DEC approved and is mentioned on my certificate. However the university is also AIU recognised, I think it got recognised later on. Would that be consider as masters degree or shall I go with IQAS

sumak

Aug 20, 2019
[size=10pt]Hi Everyone !

Please do reply.
Cheers !
[/size]
Hi!
Did WES recognize your degree as Masters equivalency?

Thanks

Piyush Mittal

Jul 15, 2019
[size=10pt]Hi Everyone !

Please do reply.
Cheers !
[/size]
What was ur assessment resuly

pallavi.jain

Sep 24, 2019
Dear All, I am new to this group. I am sure there is someone to help me....
I have completed my PGDM from IILM Gurgaon (10-12 batch) approved by UGC-AICTE-DEC. Any luck to get this accepted as WES degree? Or is there any other ECA which is more friendly to accept masters from such colleges. I am really worried as this would kill my score badly. Any inputs please...
Hi, did you get your PGDM evaluated from IQAS? Could you please share the result for the same? I completed PGDM from Gurgaon in 2010.