+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA received. Is it correct?

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi all

I have done B.E. from Gujarat University (AICTE recognized) and PGDM (2 years course in Marketing - full time; AICTE recognized). I have recently received my ECA from WES.

Against both the above degrees, the Canadian Equivalency is mentioned as "Bachelor's Degree (four years)".

My question is: Bachelors Degree (four years) is fine for my B.E. degree, but why is "Bachelor's Degree (four years)" mentioned against my PGDM degree? My PGDM was a 2-year course, then why is it equivalent to four-year Canadian degree?

And what does this mean? Does it mean that my PGDM degree is not equivalent to any MBA degree of Canada? Does it mean that I will have lower points?

Really confused about this.

(PS: Both the institutes awarding degree to me have "recognized institute / program" in the ECA report).

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi all

I have done B.E. from Gujarat University (AICTE recognized) and PGDM (2 years course in Marketing - full time; AICTE recognized). I have recently received my ECA from WES.

Against both the above degrees, the Canadian Equivalency is mentioned as "Bachelor's Degree (four years)".

My question is: Bachelors Degree (four years) is fine for my B.E. degree, but why is "Bachelor's Degree (four years)" mentioned against my PGDM degree? My PGDM was a 2-year course, then why is it equivalent to four-year Canadian degree?

And what does this mean? Does it mean that my PGDM degree is not equivalent to any MBA degree of Canada? Does it mean that I will have lower points?

(PS: Both the institutes awarding degree to me have "recognized institute / program" in the ECA report).
This means, you can claim points for "two or more degrees", which is 7 points less than Masters points.

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
The ECA states : "Canadian equivalency summary: Two Bachelor's Degrees (four years)".

But how can my 2-year PG Diploma (MBA) be equivalent to a Four-year Bachelor degree of Canada?

Should I write to WES for the correction?

pizzaboy99

Apr 3, 2018
There is no mistake here so there is nothing for WES to correct. Your 2 year MBA has been considered to be equivalent to doing a 4 year Bachelors degree in Canada.

If you need a Masters equivalent to get sufficient points, you can try ECA services such as IQAS/ICES who are known to be more lenient in evaluation and they might evaluate your degree to be equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada.

nrsinquest

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
There is no mistake here so there is nothing for WES to correct. Your 2 year MBA has been considered to be equivalent to doing a 4 year Bachelors degree in Canada.

If you need a Masters equivalent to get sufficient points, you can try ECA services such as IQAS/ICES who are known to be more lenient in evaluation and they might evaluate your degree to be equivalent to a Masters degree in Canada.
So I am filling up my eligibility form to check if I am eligible or not. What should I select for my education from below options?
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Or Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

DJSHO

May 1, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all

I might be a bit late to respond, but this is what I observed.
WES does not have the right information when it comes to evaluating PDGM.

I've seen cases where the same degree from the same institute has been considered as a 4 year bachelor's for one person and just a 1 year diploma for another. That's pretty silly considering that they are charging people for a service that they are not good at providing, IMO.

I sent the AICTE approval certificate and AIU declaration that a PGDM from my institute is considered an equivalent to MBA, when I sent the transcripts to WES.

Fortunately it was considered an equivalent to Masters degree for both me and my wife.

Mak101

Jan 23, 2020
I might be a bit late to respond, but this is what I observed.
WES does not have the right information when it comes to evaluating PDGM.

I've seen cases where the same degree from the same institute has been considered as a 4 year bachelor's for one person and just a 1 year diploma for another. That's pretty silly considering that they are charging people for a service that they are not good at providing, IMO.

I sent the AICTE approval certificate and AIU declaration that a PGDM from my institute is considered an equivalent to MBA, when I sent the transcripts to WES.

Fortunately it was considered an equivalent to Masters degree for both me and my wife.
I am facing the same issue. Please advise how I can contact WES . How much time did WES take to correct it ?