AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
My wife just received her ECA from WES. There are two qualifications listed: one is a Secondary school diploma and the other is a Montessori course, with the overall summary stating: "Secondary school diploma and completion of study and training in Montessori teaching methods"

My question is: Can I claim the Montessori course as a "One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"?

This is the wording in the WES report:

Credential: Diploma in Montessori Method of Education
Major/Specialization: Montessori Teaching Methods
Awarded by: Modern Montessori International
Canadian Equivalency: Completion of study and training in Montessori teaching methods

The reason why I'm confused is that the wording at the official "Educational Credential Assessments – how to read your report" page specifies only the following assessment results for the one-year qualification:

• College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

None of these exactly match the evaluation done by WES. Do I need to ask WES to change the wording, or is it OK if I enter it as a one-year qualification? The actual course took a year of full-time study to complete, though I don't have official documentation to prove that (unless I get a letter from the institute I guess).

Thanks in advance for all your help.

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
Going through some of the threads in this forums, it looks like choosing the one-year option would be fine. Asivad Anac's replies in the thread at canada-immigration-discussion-board/wes-eca-executive-management-program-is-it-of-any-use-t393266.0.html were especially useful.

@Senior members, @Asivad Anac, do you have any thoughts for my specific case?

Gurmeet_Kaur23

Jan 1, 2016
While sending the transcripts for the course you are asking, the institute/college or authority would have mentioned as what program do they consider that, in the transcript and if the duration ( with respect to time written in transcripts ) shows that the programme is of 1 year then fill 1 year otherwise not because "For every single word in the application, you will have to have a document proof o/w they can cancel the application anytime without any clarification being asked". Dont do anything just because "you are thinking that way". Believe on docs and the data written on the docs.

Otherwise reach to respective authorities which may be - WES or CIC people as to what they consider that. I believe WES will give you the ans as they have evaluated the transcript on the basis of the data which was mentioned on the transcript.

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
@Gurmeet_Kaur23: Thanks for your input.

I happened to stumble across official documentation online that states it's one year.

But as you have suggested, I have also asked WES for clarification.

Thanks again!

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
smfcoder said:
@Gurmeet_Kaur23: Thanks for your input.

I happened to stumble across official documentation online that states it's one year.

But as you have suggested, I have also asked WES for clarification.

Thanks again!
Unfortunately, WES wasn't very helpful. They just said that they can't help with "immigration questions", even though my question was about the equivalency of the qualifications :(. Does it make sense to send them another request to add the words "one-year certificate", so that there's no ambiguity?

Shafaq_

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Just got my eca report I have done montessori teaching diploma and Eca report says that my diploma is equal to completion of study training and montessori training teaching method. What does it mean is my diploma equivalent for what noc 4214 need

Lordlily

Jul 3, 2019
Just got my eca report I have done montessori teaching diploma and Eca report says that my diploma is equal to completion of study training and montessori training teaching method. What does it mean is my diploma equivalent for what noc 4214 need
I am currently in the same position and would like to know if your diploma was evaluated as 1 year? Have you been able to get any information on it?

I look forward to your response.

Shafaq_

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I am currently in the same position and would like to know if your diploma was evaluated as 1 year? Have you been able to get any information on it?

I look forward to your response.[/QUOT
dear still i am searching any one who got immigration through 4214 category because after this equalency we need licence for applying immigration and its mandatory,and is there anyone who is gone through from course by course evaluation from WEs for this diploma.

Fatima0519

Aug 9, 2020
Can you please guide about documents required by wes for montessori diploma evaluation. I have done 1 year diploma but my institute awarded diploma only. I dont have any transcript. Does wes evaluate diploma without transcript