+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA one or two degrees

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hello All.

I made a provisional degree equivalency on Wes website, they sent me and email containing this :

Credential 1
Country of Education: Algeria
Name of Degree: Diplôme d'Ingénieur
Name of Institution: Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Houari Boumedične (USTHB)
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's and master's degree
------------------------------------------------------------
Credential 2
Name of Degree: Magistere
Name of Institution: Université des Sciences et de la Technologie Houari Boumedične (USTHB)
Equivalency in Canada: Masters degree

I have two questions :
1- Is this considered as 2 degress by CIC ?
2- What does really mean Bachelor's and master's degree ?

Thank you in advance.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends on your final evaluation report. In the final report there will be "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY" which would mention all your credentials. If that states "Bachelors Degree (XX Years) and Master's Degree (XX Years)", then you will get point for Master's Degree.

As per your primary evaluation, you should consider Master's Degree for calculating your CRS score. However, final ECA must be done before you can claim points in Express Entry.

mhammoud

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
Oakville, Ontario
Category........
FSW
taylordz said:
Hello All.

I made a provisional degree equivalency on Wes website, they sent me and email containing this :

Credential 1
Name of Degree: Diplôme d'Ingénieur
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's and master's degree
------------------------------------------------------------
Credential 2
Name of Degree: Magistere
Equivalency in Canada: Masters degree

I have two questions :
1- Is this considered as 2 degress by CIC ?
2- What does really mean Bachelor's and master's degree ?

Thank you in advance.
This is for 2 degrees, it means your degrees are equivalent to Bachelor and Masters in Canada. Bachelor is license degree

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Hello and thanks you for your answers.

@Shipper

Okay, but under Skill Transferability Factor, is this equivalent to one degree or two degrees, so I can claim 25 or 50 points after my TEF results are out ?
Thanks you.

@mhammoud

The problem is that I didnt understand the combination Bachlor's and master's degree. I know what is a bachelor and I know what is master's degree but Bachelor's and Master's in the same degree, I don't see.

Thank you for your help.

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taylordz said:
Hello and thanks you for your answers.

@Shipper

Okay, but under Skill Transferability Factor, is this equivalent to one degree or two degrees, so I can claim 25 or 50 points after my TEF results are out ?
Thanks you.

@mhammoud

The problem is that I didnt understand the combination Bachlor's and master's degree. I know what is a bachelor and I know what is master's degree but Bachelor's and Master's in the same degree, I don't see.

Thank you for your help.
If you are given "Master's Degree" for any one of your degrees, you claim 50 points in skill transferability factor. Also you can claim 135 points in education (if single applicant).

Reason being, you CANNOT get a Master's degree without having a prior post secondary degree.

Now regrading the WES report, if you check below link, you will see at the top "Canadian Equivalency Summary" is mentioned. It is here they SHOULD mention that you have Bachelor's Degree (XX Years) and Master's Degree (XX Years). In the "Credential Analysis" segment, they SHOULD mention what each of your degrees are in Canadian equivalence. So for the first degree, it should read "Bachelor's Degree (XX Years)" in Canadian equivalency and for the second degree, it should read "Master's Degree (XX Years)" in Canadian equivalency.

WES Sample Report Link: http://www.wes.org/ca/application/sample.asp?show=crscrs

taylordz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Thank you again for you reply

I have not sent my documents to WES yet, but my wife did and she got her ECA report. Here what's mentioned on it.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diplôme d'Ingénieur
(Diploma of Engineer)
Year: 2011
Awarded by: National School of Statistics and Applied Economics
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Actuarial Science and Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

So according to this document, her degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master Degree. I'm I right?

Shipper

Star Member
Dec 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa/SGVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
taylordz said:
Thank you again for you reply

I have not sent my documents to WES yet, but my wife did and she got her ECA report. Here what's mentioned on it.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diplôme d'Ingénieur
(Diploma of Engineer)
Year: 2011
Awarded by: National School of Statistics and Applied Economics
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Actuarial Science and Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's and master's degree

So according to this document, her degree is equivalent to a Canadian Master Degree. I'm I right?

Yes