03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Hi,

I have received my ECA today from WES, it says in Canadian Equivalency Summary section "Bachelor's degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration".

Which category I would fall into, will it be:

A) University degree at Master's Level
B) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees

From my home country, I did a Bachelor of 4 years (WES converted it into a 3 year Bachelor) and Executive MBA of 16 months. Has someone faced similar situation as me? Appreciate your help.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
abedin said:
Hi,

I have received my ECA today from WES, it says in Canadian Equivalency Summary section "Bachelor's degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration".

Which category I would fall into, will it be:

A) University degree at Master's Level
B) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees A: This one

From my home country, I did a Bachelor of 4 years (WES converted it into a 3 year Bachelor) and Executive MBA of 16 months. Has someone faced similar situation as me? Appreciate your help.

gtajamie

Jul 14, 2015
Hi Abedin,

Can you please clarify from the below 2 questions?

1. From where did you do your executive MBA?
2. What was you bachelor's program?

I did my EMBA from Narsee Monjee, Mumbai and I am wondering would I be able to get any positive assessment for my EMBA. Before that, I did B.E. for which I expect to get equivalency of 4 year bachelor's.

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Thanks CanadaWeCome :)

Hi gtajamie,

I did my Executive MBA from Bangladesh and my bachelor was in Computer Science (it was for 4 years though). From EE score point of view, I believe, 3 year or 4 year bachelor holds same value. Executive MBA, I believe, can be considered as Masters or a post graduate diploma. For me, I have to be happy with post grad diploma.

gtajamie

Jul 14, 2015
Thanks Abedin.

So, that means EMBA is a valid credential which will contribute to your express entry score, right.

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
I assume so :)

My argument is: if WES didn't consider it as a valid degree that may be eligible for earning points, the equivalence would have been "Bachelor Degree (three years)" instead of "Bachelor Degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration".

Lets hope for the best :)

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
Hi CanadaWeCome,

I have got into another confusion, appreciate your help. When I go into Education section on my EE profile, there are 2 level of education field.

1. Level of education
2. Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean.

For my case, where the WES equivalency report says "Bachelor Degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration", what should I fill in on those 2 level of education fields for both Bachelor and Executive MBA:

Bachelor Degree (Three Years) [Please correct me if I am wrong]
1. Level of education: Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of three years
2. Level of education (Canadian Equivalency): Bachelors degree

Executive MBA:
1. Level of Education: ?
2. Level of Education: ?

Thanks for your help.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
abedin said:
Hi CanadaWeCome,

I have got into another confusion, appreciate your help. When I go into Education section on my EE profile, there are 2 level of education field.

1. Level of education
2. Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean.

For my case, where the WES equivalency report says "Bachelor Degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration", what should I fill in on those 2 level of education fields for both Bachelor and Executive MBA:

Bachelor Degree (Three Years) [Please correct me if I am wrong]
1. Level of education: Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of three years
2. Level of education (Canadian Equivalency): Bachelors degree

Executive MBA:
1. Level of Education: ?
2. Level of Education: ?

Thanks for your help.
If your ECA report says '"Bachelor Degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration", then it would be "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of three years".

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Stanlee said:
If your ECA report says '"Bachelor Degree (three years) and Executive Master of Business Administration", then it would be "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be for a program of three years".
Correct.

jewelbuet

Star Member
Aug 27, 2013
Dear Experts! I am in a similar confusion with my EMBA(45 credits). I did Bachelor on MEngg and got ECA report for 4 years Bachelor. But confused with my EMBA whether I should send them to evaluate or not. If they don't consider it as Masters then money would be lost. Is there anyone who got evaluated his EMBA from WES?

Tams

Mar 2, 2018
India
Category........
Hi, did you get you emba asessed, what did they mentioned in your Wes report. Please share so that we will get idea before sending. Am in the same boat.

omnikarthik

Jan 18, 2018
Hello Everybody, I have got my 4 years Bachelors degree assessed through WES, I have completed E-MBA from India and wanted an accurate answer if I can use this credential for obtaining additional points. If YES I would go ahead with the process of getting my E-MBA assesed as well. Please advise...i have been going through this post, was a bit confused if its a YES or NO.

Joe.03

Jun 21, 2018
Hello Everybody, I have got my 4 years Bachelors degree assessed through WES, I have completed E-MBA from India and wanted an accurate answer if I can use this credential for obtaining additional points. If YES I would go ahead with the process of getting my E-MBA assesed as well. Please advise...i have been going through this post, was a bit confused if its a YES or NO.
Hi Karthik,
Do you have any update on this. Did you submit your EMBA documents for evaluation ?
If so, what was the evaluation by WES ?
Where did you do your EMBA from ?

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
WES has such a varied difference in what they mention as Canadian Equivalency

My Executive post graduate diploma has given the outcome as "completion of executive management program offered by a graduate school of business", as a result of which I cannot claim any points for it.