+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA driving me Crazy!!!! Please suggest.

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As some of the seniors advised me on this forum, I sent WES a Copy of My bachelor’s Degree diploma to WES. I don’t have my master completed yet but I asked my university to send an official transcript to them anyway which they did.

All the universities/colleges I attended in USA, have sent them official transcripts directly for following degree.
MBA (Official transcript sent by University, Currently Enrolled)
Bachelors in CIS ((Official transcript sent by University and I sent a copy of my diploma as well)
Associate in Science (Official transcript sent by College)
Associate in Business (Official transcript sent by College)

Even after they have received all they need, they are still waiting for my high school diploma from Nepal which is not possible since that high school is already closed. I do have an original diploma from my High School but I didn’t send it to them since I only need 23 points and I thought My bachelors and two associates degrees will do.

I did email them explaining the situation but status is still waiting on documents.

Anyone who knows how to remove high school from the WES evaluations, please suggest.

Thanking you,
BikBis

dasrashmidas

May 3, 2014
hi All,

Can anyone suggest me how to make a request to the university to get all attested photo vopies certificates from the controller and sealed envelope please? I tried on my own but they did not give me without my presence. Is there any alternate method to do so or do I have to pay consultancy to get the job for me since I'm unable to travel and work in a different city? Please advise.

Cheers,

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
PER: 03.11.2014.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I've had status waitig on documents for 10 days after I knew that they've received my documents. It might be your situation as well - maybe they've received the papers but still hadn't time to check them out.

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emiiuki said:
I've had status waitig on documents for 10 days after I knew that they've received my documents. It might be your situation as well - maybe they've received the papers but still hadn't time to check them out.
Thanks emiiuki, so do you think they will be fine without my high school diploma/certificate since the school I went to no longer exists.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bikbis said:
Thanks emiiuki, so do you think they will be fine without my high school diploma/certificate since the school I went to no longer exists.
I didn't send a high school diploma, why would I? Did they specifically ask you for this documet and why? If you have university diploma it is assumed that you've completed high school before that. As I realized, immigration is demanding only evaluation of your highes level of education.
Evaluation of my documents was completed yesterday and mailed the same day. Courier service estimates that they'll be delivered to me on friday.

BritishGuy

Star Member
May 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WES does not state you need to send high school documents if you have a degree.
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/

If you have had transcripts for all of those degrees sent to them presumably they will be waiting for certificates for each of them before getting started. If you haven't completed your Master's yet, how can you send them a degree certificate?

You won't get 23 points without a Master's.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

Perhaps you need to contact WES and confirm to them which degrees/education you actually want evaluated (and ensure they have certificates and transcripts for them).

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emiiuki said:
I didn't send a high school diploma, why would I? Did they specifically ask you for this documet and why? If you have university diploma it is assumed that you've completed high school before that. As I realized, immigration is demanding only evaluation of your highes level of education.
Evaluation of my documents was completed yesterday and mailed the same day. Courier service estimates that they'll be delivered to me on friday.
They haven't said anything about my High School diploma but I thought this might be the reason behind not changing status from “Waiting for required documents”.

All my three universities have sent Official transcript to WES. But I only sent Diploma for my Bachelor's Degree since I don't have diplomas for my Associate degrees (I reordered it but will take at least a month to get it).

Do they need diploma for my associate degrees as well? (In US, after the completion of two years in Bachelor's level, the university will award you with associate degree for those who apply for it)

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BritishGuy said:
WES does not state you need to send high school documents if you have a degree.
http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/
This helps, thanks BritishGuy!
If you have had transcripts for all of those degrees sent to them presumably they will be waiting for certificates for each of them before getting started. If you haven't completed your Master's yet, how can you send them a degree certificate?

I understand but I was told to send transcript for my MBA via University since this could only help and its okay to inform them that I am on my way to get Master degree, I didn't know this will be the cause to slow the process down.

You won't get 23 points without a Master's.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

How about 22 with four years of Bachelor's degree and two Associated degrees to go with it?

Perhaps you need to contact WES and confirm to them which degrees/education you actually want evaluated (and ensure they have certificates and transcripts for them).

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bikbis said:
They haven't said anything about my High School diploma but I thought this might be the reason behind not changing status from “Waiting for required documents”.

All my three universities have sent Official transcript to WES. But I only sent Diploma for my Bachelor's Degree since I don't have diplomas for my Associate degrees (I reordered it but will take at least a month to get it).

Do they need diploma for my associate degrees as well? (In US, after the completion of two years in Bachelor's level, the university will award you with associate degree for those who apply for it)
Any news from WES, I'm very curious about this?

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emiiuki said:
Any news from WES, I'm very curious about this?
Nope, No Luck yet. I sent the copy of my bachelor's diploma to WES but I guess they are still waiting on the diploma for my associate degrees. I don't have a diploma with me, I had to order the duplicate diplomas but as per universities it might take at least a month since they will have to reprint it.

royston

Apr 27, 2014
All My Documents were received by WES on 2nd June. However my status till date is Received Documents - Review in Progress.
This should've changed to evaluation progress 72 hours after receipt of all documents. Its been 10 days now.

Calling them or emailing them was of no use.

I have done my High School and a 2 years Diploma from a Government recognised autonomous institute. So I have been just left hanging

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
royston said:
All My Documents were received by WES on 2nd June. However my status till date is Received Documents - Review in Progress.
This should've changed to evaluation progress 72 hours after receipt of all documents. Its been 10 days now.

Calling them or emailing them was of no use.

I have done my High School and a 2 years Diploma from a Government recognised autonomous institute. So I have been just left hanging
That is true, but you've must received an e-mail that they are overloaded now with applications which is the reason for extensions. Even if you didnt' receive an e-mail , you have a notification circled in red when you log on to your account.
They've received my documents on May 23rd and I've received them today.

emiiuki

Dec 14, 2012
Novi Sad
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/07/2014
Nomination.....
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
bikbis said:
Nope, No Luck yet. I sent the copy of my bachelor's diploma to WES but I guess they are still waiting on the diploma for my associate degrees. I don't have a diploma with me, I had to order the duplicate diplomas but as per universities it might take at least a month since they will have to reprint it.
Maybe you should log into account and correct your order. I have an impression that they don't answer e-mails.

immig_IT_guy

Jan 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
16-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Not Sure
Med's Request
23-12-2014
Med's Done....
03-01-2015, FBI PCC submitted on 03-04-2015
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-12-2015
emiiuki said:
Maybe you should log into account and correct your order. I have an impression that they don't answer e-mails.
Also with the Rush in the number of people applying for ECA, they would be really busy to answer emails.... You can also try calling them

royston

Apr 27, 2014
emiiuki said:
That is true, but you've must received an e-mail that they are overloaded now with applications which is the reason for extensions. Even if you didnt' receive an e-mail , you have a notification circled in red when you log on to your account.
They've received my documents on May 23rd and I've received them today.
I sent my wife's and my documents together. We are both doing the ECA. Her status changed in 2 days to Evaluation in progress and she got a date as well.

My brother has also done this 2 year diploma from autonomous institute in India (which is government recognized) and he did a 4 year Bachelors in ENgineering after that. He had sent Diploma as well as Degree documents and applied for ECA for both. However his status also changed to evaluation in progress, but they did not put up his Diploma records in the list of documents received. Can it mean that, they are finding out information about this autonomous institute? And hence the delay? There are no updates whatsoever