WES does not evaluate Study from Punjab Technical University

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
In my case they sent me the same reason but then I found that it was because of the recent name change of PTU to IK Gujral PTU. I sent message on WES's twitter account and explained the reason they replied me withing a 24 hours and sorted it out.

May be after that they called university for clarification, and on my WES report they remarked the point that IK Gujral Uni was formerly known as PTU.

MissionCAD84

Sep 19, 2018
In my case they sent me the same reason but then I found that it was because of the recent name change of PTU to IK Gujral PTU. I sent message on WES's twitter account and explained the reason they replied me withing a 24 hours and sorted it out.

May be after that they called university for clarification, and on my WES report they remarked the point that IK Gujral Uni was formerly known as PTU.
Not able to understand?? Your report cancelled or issued?

Ranbir_Dhillon

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Chandigarh
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Then it is old issue.....We have new issue and WES not listening at all. They have removed PTU as well IKGPTU from their website. You even can not apply for new evaluation if you are from PTU

Ok. You can contact them on their Twitter account. May be it could help you in any way.

navdeep13

Dec 11, 2010
amritsar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
03-09-2018

navdeep13

Dec 11, 2010
amritsar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
07-08-2018
Med's Done....
03-09-2018
Go for other options.Link has been shared below.

You Can also email them for confirmation before you apply.

Aug 12, 2018
Here is bad news..WES does not evaluate study from Punjab Technical University.

Dear Deepak,

Thank you for your application.

World Education Services (WES) can evaluate your Bachelor of Arts from Kurukshetra University.

However, WES does not evaluate study from Punjab Technical University.

Please contact us at https://www.wes.org/ca/contact-us/ as soon as possible and confirm if you would like us to proceed with your evaluation report, or if you want us to cancel your application and refund your fee. Please select question category “WES correspondence/documents” for your response.

Your evaluation is on hold until we hear from you. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely,
Director of Evaluations

Ramesh94

Sep 28, 2018
What else the WES would have done !? The documents sent by PTU are not usually easily accessible . We know their system which is completely outdated . Students have been getting degrees with 20+ re appears (I am also one of them). Moreover, they send documents on different dates . For example, transcript on 17th of the month and Degree in the first week of the month. PTU remains unable to cope with International standards. However, WES is also equally responsible for this unfair decision. They should have given a warning before making this decision. This matter must be given international AIR as it is about the future of millions of students having pursued or currently pursuing education under PTU.

AkshayArora

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
Got the same email. It is very unfortunate. The thing I doubt is that all the agencies which evaluate are part of a consortium, other agencies will evaluate Punjab Technical University or not.

Also, there are two problems with other agencies:
- Processing times are very high, 12 weeks or 20 weeks
- They need transcripts to be directly mailed to them by PTU.

Does anyone know the process of getting transcripts mailed directly?

Gurnivaz

Sep 29, 2018
Hi everyone is this WES controversy thing going to affect my student visa application for January2019 intake from india? As I have done my BBA and MBA from PTU