+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Documents - Speed Post India

daksh13

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi @Brain_Drain , great that your package has reached to WES.
In my post tracking details, it mentioned as 'delivered'. Location in India post site is 'Meistratzheim' and Canada post is 'Toronto, ON'.
But, in tracked in WES site, it still says 'we haven't received your package yet'

Can you please confirm if WES has confirmed to you that they received your package? and processed?
Hi Wisdomtruth,

WES takes upto 3 working days to update on the website/App from the date of acceptance of the package.

Reactions: wisdomtruth

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
Hi , My university used India speed post for sending documents to WES on 4 JAN 2020, status on tracking shows item bagging in chennai since 4 Jan, Canada post shows en route canada -'waiting for item'. How long should i wait for a change in the tracking status. I am not even sure if the package has left chennai? Please help.

daksh13

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi , My university used India speed post for sending documents to WES on 4 JAN 2020, status on tracking shows item bagging in chennai since 4 Jan, Canada post shows en route canada -'waiting for item'. How long should i wait for a change in the tracking status. I am not even sure if the package has left chennai? Please help.
Hi Maddy,
Please expect some delay for your package to be delivered. My friend’s university had sent docs on 20-Dec. We enquires, enquired and further enquired that.. there is a change in postal route. That is all the documents for custom clearance will come to Bangalore, earlier it was mumbai and BANGALORE for South of India. In Bangalore as well there is a change, that is they have a new office .. so all the old deliverables and additional deliverables are just currently dumped in this office.

As I stay in Bangalore, yesterday we went to this sub foreign post office (the new office), since we were also in the same situation as yours. We went to the respective department and they searched in their system for our package but they weren’t able to find. Luckily, we noticed that he is processing a package of 20-Dec that too University docs. He was surprised and told us to find the package. We found it and he told us that bag will be sent to sent to mumbai from their to Canada.

So my advice:

1) Dont worry about the online status. It would have reached BANGALORE - Sub Foreign Post with no online update.

2) expect delay in clearance for atleast 20 days from date of post because of these changes and dumped bags.

3) if you are in Bangalore, then I would suggest you visit the office to get it cleared . There is no use of emails and phone calls as they are quite busy with there load of work.

So our package was finally dispatched to Mumbai yesterday evening.

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
Hi Maddy,
Please expect some delay for your package to be delivered. My friend’s university had sent docs on 20-Dec. We enquires, enquired and further enquired that.. there is a change in postal route. That is all the documents for custom clearance will come to Bangalore, earlier it was mumbai and BANGALORE for South of India. In Bangalore as well there is a change, that is they have a new office .. so all the old deliverables and additional deliverables are just currently dumped in this office.

As I stay in Bangalore, yesterday we went to this sub foreign post office (the new office), since we were also in the same situation as yours. We went to the respective department and they searched in their system for our package but they weren’t able to find. Luckily, we noticed that he is processing a package of 20-Dec that too University docs. He was surprised and told us to find the package. We found it and he told us that bag will be sent to sent to mumbai from their to Canada.

So my advice:

1) Dont worry about the online status. It would have reached BANGALORE - Sub Foreign Post with no online update.

2) expect delay in clearance for atleast 20 days from date of post because of these changes and dumped bags.

3) if you are in Bangalore, then I would suggest you visit the office to get it cleared . There is no use of emails and phone calls as they are quite busy with there load of work.

So our package was finally dispatched to Mumbai yesterday evening.
Thanks a lot for the info. I wish i could do the courier personally. Now even i am helpless as i am not sure if the package has gone to Bangalore or Mumbai. Besides visiting is there any other way i can push the process? If it stays in INDIA for 10-15 DAYS , then i wonder when it will actually reach WES. Today i received mail from WES stating they are waiting for my documents for verification . I dont know what is their time limit to wait for receiving documents. Its been 2 months already since i registered with WES.

daksh13

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Thanks a lot for the info. I wish i could do the courier personally. Now even i am helpless as i am not sure if the package has gone to Bangalore or Mumbai. Besides visiting is there any other way i can push the process? If it stays in INDIA for 10-15 DAYS , then i wonder when it will actually reach WES. Today i received mail from WES stating they are waiting for my documents for verification . I dont know what is their time limit to wait for receiving documents. Its been 2 months already since i registered with WES.
You can try calling them.. try for Bangalore sub foreign post office - Chamarajpet. If they can help you nothing like it. 90% Your post is likely to be in Bangalore. From Bangalore it goes to Mumbai as per the new rules. And once it leaves Bangalore, it would be updated online.

Also, WES has no time limits not to worry about that, only thing would be that you would get hit is unnecessary delay in processing the documents.

daksh13

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
You can also reach out to indiapost via Twitter. They take about a day to respond you,they will provide you all the contact details of the post offices. As you mentioned, may be true it may not come to Bangalore as it was posted from Chennai. Trying reaching out to your University post office and indiapost via Twitter.

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
You can also reach out to indiapost via Twitter. They take about a day to respond you,they will provide you all the contact details of the post offices. As you mentioned, may be true it may not come to Bangalore as it was posted from Chennai. Trying reaching out to your University post office and indiapost via Twitter.
Hi daksh 13,
Thanks for your kind guidance. Just to update by god's grace it has reached Toronto and is on 'customs hold' as per INDIA POST WEBSITE. On canada post its shows "Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review." Mississauga, ON. Expected delivery is 1-3 business days. No clue what is the process time from here but being optimistic and a huge relief that at least its not stuck in INDIA.

Reactions: daksh13

daksh13

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Hi daksh 13,
Thanks for your kind guidance. Just to update by god's grace it has reached Toronto and is on 'customs hold' as per INDIA POST WEBSITE. On canada post its shows "Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review." Mississauga, ON. Expected delivery is 1-3 business days. No clue what is the processing time from here but being optimistic and a huge relief that at least its not stuck in INDIA.
Congrats Maddy!!! :)

Thank God, it didn't come to Bangalore! :-D It wouldn't take much time now, once it's with CBSA within 4 working days they normally release the package and you can expect the same day delivery as CanadaPost is quite spontaneous. I can understand that relief... ha ha ha :D

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
Congrats Maddy!!! :)

Thank God, it didn't come to Bangalore! :-D It wouldn't take much time now, once it's with CBSA within 4 working days they normally release the package and you can expect the same day delivery as CanadaPost is quite spontaneous. I can understand that relief... ha ha ha :D
Totally a big relief !! Btw finally i am getting updated on canada post that the package has been delivered. I guess WES hasnt updated that on the "Track my package" section. Hopefully should be done in 2 days. Below i am uploading the timeline of the shipment. In my experience INDIA POST might be cheap but not reliable. It can be source of nightmares considering they dont have a periodical updates of the consignment. My suggestion BEG the university to send through other services if possible or just start praying with fingers crossed !!
https://www.indiapost.gov.in/_layouts/15/dop.portal.tracking/trackconsignment.aspx

Reactions: daksh13

dr.maddy

Jan 11, 2020
Date Time Country Location Event Type Mail Category Next Office Remarks
17/01/2020 12:01:00 Canada Meistratzheim Item Delivery Confirmed Air
17/01/2020 07:24:00 Canada Meistratzheim Beat Dispatch Air
17/01/2020 07:23:00 Canada Meistratzheim Item Received Air
16/01/2020 20:06:00 Canada Solway Item Received Air
15/01/2020 17:03:00 Canada TORONTO-A Item Dispatched Air
15/01/2020 17:02:00 Canada TORONTO-A Item Dispatched Air
13/01/2020 16:31:00 Canada TORONTO-A Custom Hold Air
04/01/2020 13:32:46 India CHENNAI EMS Item Bagging Air
04/01/2020 13:21:03 India CHENNAI EMS Custom Receive Air
04/01/2020 12:35:58 India CHENNAI EMS Item Received Air
03/01/2020 11:44:51 India Koyambedu S.O Item Booked Air

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
Hi friends,
I have send my documents 3/12/2019.
By Registered post in Chennai .
There is no update from India post till now.
Please somebody tell me what is the reason for delay.

Satheesh Azagesan

Jan 20, 2020
The last update from India post:
3/12/2019 Item booked
4/12/2019. Item bagged
4/12/2019. Item bagged
Chennai airport sorting office.

After that there is no update from post office.
Please someone help out what is the reason for this..
It’s almost one month.
Thanks.

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
My package was delivered today and the delivery location is Meistratzheim.
Anyone know if the package was delivered to the correct location? I'm worried since there is no place named Meistratzheim in Toronto.
Thanks

venkatreddy94

Jan 21, 2020
Hello Friends,

Can anyone help me with this situation, My status in India Post Tracking is not being updated from 01/01/2020 and status say "Item Bagging, Hyderabad". Transcripts sent from JNTU Hyderabad Kukatpally Post Office.

Timeline:

31/12/2019 : Item Booked, JNTU Kukatpally SO
01/01/2020 : Custom Receive, Hyderabad,
01/01/2020 : Customs Return, Hyderabad,
01/01/2020 : Item Bagging, Hyderabad.

I have called Central Post Office, all they updated was item has been sent from our side and we cannot say/track anything further. Is there anyone on the same boat? When can i expect it to be delivered to WES Canada