+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Documents - Speed Post India

Aashu Bedrae

Apr 28, 2019
Hello Guys,

My case is similar to Aashu Bedrae's case. My university had sent the transcript on 16th May 2019 through speed post and it is showing that your consignment is with the CBSA which is CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY for custom clearance. I want to know how long it will take to clear the customs and to reach WES?

Thanks.
Hey buddy it took 1 day to clear customs. You'll get status change within 3 days. My documents reached on 27th of May.

Jun 4, 2019
Hey buddy it took 1 day to clear customs. You'll get status change within 3 days. My documents reached on 27th of May.

Thanks for the information. But my transcript is being held with the CBSA since 28-May-2019. Do you know the maximum time it can take?

As you can see the tracking details:

Delivery progress

Information updated: June 4

Date Time Progress
May 28 10:36 am

Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review.
Mississauga, ON

10:36 am
Item has arrived in Canada and was sent for further processing.
Mississauga, ON

May 20 8:23 pm
International item has left originating country and is en route to Canada
Inbomb, India

6:40 pm
International item processed in originating country
Inbomb, India

May 16 2:23 pm
International item mailed in originating country
In380009, India

Arunkprem

Jun 6, 2019
Hello Aashu,

Please reply.

Thanks
Hey buddy,
I am also facing the same issue. I have sent my transcript through EMS speed post on 20th May 2019. It has been held up with the customs from 28th May 2019 and no update till then. I am terribly stressed and worried about this.

Jun 4, 2019
Hey buddy,
I am also facing the same issue. I have sent my transcript through EMS speed post on 20th May 2019. It has been held up with the customs from 28th May 2019 and no update till then. I am terribly stressed and worried about this.

I am also worried my friend.... Some people’s consignment just took 1-2 days to clear the customs and I don’t know why they are taking that long just to clear the piece of paper. Also, I had a word with custom executive in Canada day before yesterday and I asked her HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CLEAR THE CUSTOMS? She told me that we cannot intervene in the process. It can take 1 week minimum or 4 weeks for the worst case. It’s just that you have to wait for the process to be done, she added. Let’s hope for the best.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Brain_Drain

Arunkprem

Jun 6, 2019
I am also worries my friend.... Some people’s consignment just took 1-2 days to clear the customs and I don’t know why they are taking that long just to clear the piece of paper. Also, I had a word with custom executive in Canada day before yesterday and I asked her HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CLEAR THE CUSTOMS? She told me that we cannot intervene in the process. It can take 1 week minimum or 4 weeks for the worst case. It’s just that you have to wait for the process to be done, she added. Let’s hope for the best.

Thanks
Yeah, let's hope for the best :(. I have also called the CBSA on Monday and they replied the same. I think this whole process is only happening for EMS speed post.

Jun 4, 2019
Yeah, let's hope for the best :(. I have also called the CBSA on Monday and they replied the same. I think this whole process is only happening for EMS speed post.

Hey Arunkprem,

I have a question to ask.. Please help me regarding that. Shall I ask my University to send the transcript again through Bluedart/DHL or I should wait for the custom clearance? Please advice. Do WES accepts through another courier partner?

Thanks

Arunkprem

Jun 6, 2019
Hey,
I don't have any idea about WES procedure because my transcript needs to be sent to the university. Sorry for that. I think we can wait for the custom clearance. But I'm not sure about it. :(

leoMessi927

May 13, 2019
Hey buddy,
I am in a similar situation. Sent 23rd May by EMS India post office in University campus. In customs since 29th. Still waiting. I was going to call them but now that I read you guys have called and they said we cant intervene and it can take 1 week or up to 4 weeks, I guess all we can do is wait.

tazasil

Jun 8, 2019
My documents are also held by customs of Toronto since 28th. I sent a document via speed post of India, may be that was wrong decision.

When it shall get released?

Seems only Indian Speed Post is Targeted by CBSA

tazasil

Jun 8, 2019
Hey,
I don't have any idea about WES procedure because my transcript needs to be sent to the university. Sorry for that. I think we can wait for the custom clearance. But I'm not sure about it. :(
You can ask your university to provide tracking number and trac it by yourself

tazasil

Jun 8, 2019
My documents are also held by customs of Toronto since 28th. I sent a document via speed post of India, may be that was wrong decision.

When it shall get released?

Seems only Indian Speed Post is Targeted by CBSA
Today it is finally released from custom and dispatched

Sneha1012

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hi All
My documents are at MUMBAI EMS SPEED POST CENTRE from 8th june and still not yet released from there.Do I have to still wait or contact them?