+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Document Translation

Nona_01

Jan 16, 2019
If your Academic Transcript is not originally issued in English, do you need to send both the original and the English translation, or just the English translation?
I'm trying to have my ECA (Education Credentials Assessment) done by WES. On their website it clearly says that you need to send a translation of your academic documents if they're not in English, but they do not specify if you should send ONLY the translated document or both the translation and the one in the original language.

Has anyone done this before? What did you do? Send both or just the translated one?

aurelero

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
France
I am pretty sure your university needs to enclose a copy of the original transcripts as well as a copy of the translation.
Nobody will give a value to a translation if the reference document is missing. "A copy" because WES won't return any document.

Nona_01

Jan 16, 2019
I am pretty sure your university needs to enclose a copy of the original transcripts as well as a copy of the translation.
Nobody will give a value to a translation if the reference document is missing. "A copy" because WES won't return any document.
I understand, thank you for your answer :)