+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES- Difference in names in wes profile and education certificate

Pela

Jul 20, 2020
So I have created my Wes account based on my name as per passport. I do not have a last name as per passport.
My WES profile name: Pela .
However, my education certificate shows my full name (with the last name) as per local ID card ie:
Pela CYZ

Due to the last name change, will WES accredit my education certificate?

Azni760

Jun 20, 2020
I swore an affidavit of "one and the same person" for my WES report that had a different name to the one on my certificates.

IRCC did not have an issue with it.

Pela

Jul 20, 2020
I swore an affidavit of "one and the same person" for my WES report that had a different name to the one on my certificates.

IRCC did not have an issue with it.
Was it by your own lawyer? And can you please explain a bit more of your circumstance? What should the contents of the afadavit be?

Azni760

Jun 20, 2020
Was it by your own lawyer? And can you please explain a bit more of your circumstance? What should the contents of the afadavit be?
Nope, I didn't use a lawyer.

I went to a court in my country to swear the affidavit that I am the same person bearing the name on my ECA report and my other certificates and travel passport.

My case was that on my ECA report, my first and middle name were switched. That is, if my first name was S and middle name was Z, instead of SZ, it was written as ZS.