+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES dentistry Evaluation

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
just got my wife's WES evaluation, she has a Doctor of dental surgery degree ( 5 years program) from UAE, however the WES equivalency is : "Five years of professional study in dentistry".
so which option should i select in CIC form ?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
smalkawi said:
just got my wife's WES evaluation, she has a Doctor of dental surgery degree ( 5 years program) from UAE, however the WES equivalency is : "Five years of professional study in dentistry".
Is this equivalency mentioned in the summary on top of the report?

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
smalkawi said:
Masters degree or a professional degree that needs a license dont remember the name exactly lol

smalkawi

Star Member
Jan 28, 2017
Wolverine17 said:
Masters degree or a professional degree that needs a license dont remember the name exactly lol
that is what i thought, but i wasnt sure since the equivalency title doesn't say "degree" or anything similar

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
smalkawi said:
that is what i thought, but i wasnt sure since the equivalency title doesn't say "degree" or anything similar
I am a dentist so am 100% sure of that info that i gave you,good luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smalkawi said:
oh you should have said that, thanks a lot..
1. IRCC defines it as entry to practise professional degree: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/econ/fsw/points.asp

Yeli

Jun 21, 2019
Hi guys, do you know if the "5 years of professional study" result is worth of anything?
Is it more or less than a Bachelor?
Im very confused with this result :(
I am a Veterinarian.
Thanks guys

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Hi guys, do you know if the "5 years of professional study" result is worth of anything?
Is it more or less than a Bachelor?
Im very confused with this result :(
I am a Veterinarian.
Thanks guys
On cic website it says the following :

This is also known as First professional degree or Entry-to-practice professional degree.

For Express Entry, only degrees in these fields can earn equal points to a Master’s degree:

• medicine
  • veterinary medicine
  • dentistry
  • podiatry
  • optometry
  • law
  • chiropractic medicine
  • pharmacy
For example, a 4-year nursing degree is not considered a first professional degree. It would earn you the same number of points as a Bachelor’s degree.

SO, chose the following option

Master's degree OR professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession.

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Guys, query about type of assessment.
I'm dentist by profession with 6 years full time studying, also I got a another degree for 3 years of full time studying in a special field.I have got my first degree assessed by Wes and I'd like to get my second degree evaluated by Wes too. What would be the result? PhD or another master?

Vinshr

Dec 14, 2020
I have a professional degree ECA will I need a license to practice before i can apply for PR in Canada? I have BDS + PGDM from India but WES gave me a professional degree equivalence and I do not intend to practice.

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
I have a professional degree ECA will I need a license to practice before i can apply for PR in Canada? I have BDS + PGDM from India but WES gave me a professional degree equivalence and I do not intend to practice.

IF you do not intend to practice as a Dentist in Canada - No need to apply for license as Dentistry is a regulated profession in Canada

Basically, regardless of you having or obtaining a Canadian PR , IF you are willing to practice you NEED A LICENSE.

yaseen2391

Nov 17, 2018
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Med's Done....
27-01-2019
Also another thing - IF you are not willing to practice DENTISTRY but still WANT to remain within the same domain of DENTISTRY ....I do not know if THAT STILL requires you to have LICENSE OR NOT.

You have to look into job specific requirements whether they need you to have a license or not.