+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Credential Evaluation

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
Hi All,

Please share your thoughts to help me choose the correct education option. Below is my WES Canadian Equivalency Summary. Please advise.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Completion of a college-level certificate (one year), diploma
(two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
Hi All,

Please share your thoughts to help me choose the correct education option. Below is my WES Canadian Equivalency Summary. Please advise.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY

Completion of a college-level certificate (one year), diploma
(two years) and bachelor's degree (four years)
Looks like a single degree to me

2yaaung

Aug 7, 2017
3 years Bachelor Degree
1 year College Certificate

You should get points for Two or More Certificates

BHAV

Aug 1, 2014
3 years Bachelor Degree
1 year College Certificate

You should get points for Two or More Certificates
You shall get points for a bacholers degree as the diplomas required for two or more options are post graduate diplomas

2yaaung

Aug 7, 2017
You shall get points for a bacholers degree as the diplomas required for two or more options are post graduate diplomas
It's not true that "Diploma required for Two or more Options are Post Graduate Diplomas"

Please refer to this thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-degree-certificates-or-diploma-someone-help.348738/#post-4626235

Also, in CIC website for "Two or More Certificates", it states that

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS
any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • etc...

sections below
refers to the sections that come before the "Two or More Certificates", such as...
  • Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years)
  • Two-year degree, diploma or certificate
  • One-year degree, diploma or certificate

So for the candidate that has the following credentials
1. College-level certificate (one year) - One-year degree, diploma or certificate
2. Diploma (two years) - Two-year degree, diploma or certificate
3. Bachelor's degree (four years) - A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

He/she clearly qualifies for "Two or More Credentials". It doesn't have to be Post Graduate Diplomas.

Reactions: hishamx87

GaganSidana

Aug 13, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am also applying for WES for my ECA.. I have done my graduation in B.Com in the year 2009 from Kurukshetra University(HARYANA, INDIA) and after that Diploma for two years in Animation-Multimedia in the year 2011, from Arena Animation affiliated to Aptech Global Solutions Pvt Ltd.(MUMBAI). It is not a university.
So now I have a query regarding the same when I am filling up details under Education section:
Which drop down to select for two year diploma as it is showing under "Type of Education" :
University Education
State board of Technical Education
Professional Education
Secondary Education

Please help !

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015
It's not true that "Diploma required for Two or more Options are Post Graduate Diplomas"

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-degree-certificates-or-diploma-someone-help.348738/#post-4626235

PLUS
any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

• etc...

sections below
refers to the sections that come before the "Two or More Certificates", such as...

1. College-level certificate (one year) - One-year degree, diploma or certificate
3. Bachelor's degree (four years) - A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

He/she clearly qualifies for "Two or More Credentials". It doesn't have to be Post Graduate Diplomas.
A million thanks to you. You made my day. Thank you again for a detailed explanation and appreciate you for the kind gesture.

Reactions: hishamx87

nafstyle

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015

PLUS

• etc...

sections below

Hi,

It is to be noted that although my 3 educational credentials were awarded 3 different certificates, my diploma and advanced diploma are 1st and 2nd year of my bachelors degree. In other words, at the end of my 1st and 2nd year i was awarded diploma and advanced diploma respectively. On completion of the 3rd year i was awarded the bachelors degree.

Given the scenario, Am i still eligible to select 2 or more credentials under education? If i am eligible, when filling the express entry profile, for which credential should i select 2 or more credential in the drop down list? Hope you got my question, please clear the confusion.

md_uddin

Jul 18, 2017
Hi,

It is to be noted that although my 3 educational credentials were awarded 3 different certificates, my diploma and advanced diploma are 1st and 2nd year of my bachelors degree. In other words, at the end of my 1st and 2nd year i was awarded diploma and advanced diploma respectively. On completion of the 3rd year i was awarded the bachelors degree.

Given the scenario, Am i still eligible to select 2 or more credentials under education? If i am eligible, when filling the express entry profile, for which credential should i select 2 or more credential in the drop down list? Hope you got my question, please clear the confusion.
Did you get your eca done? If yes, add each qualification separately and choose the credential awarded for individual qualification and the system ll do the calculation.