+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Considered M.Sc. Computer Science as a one-year of graduation study

tejastamhane

Apr 23, 2015
Hi there,

The subject line says, I want to know that my qualification can be considered as in Express Entry profile.

I have complete B.Sc. COMP SCI (3years) and M.Sc. COMP SCI (2years). My post graduation is not been considered as Canadian PG but one year of graduation study.

Can somebody help on this?

Nafees

Apr 20, 2015
Same here...I inquired with my attorney..

Canada doesn't provides Masters equivalency for lab based subject...

Masters in theory based subjects like Commerce , Economics, Arts, Languages etc are only considered !!!

oasis.gc1

Star Member
Jan 3, 2015
tejastamhane said:
Hi there,

The subject line says, I want to know that my qualification can be considered as in Express Entry profile.

I have complete B.Sc. COMP SCI (3years) and M.Sc. COMP SCI (2years). My post graduation is not been considered as Canadian PG but one year of graduation study.

Can somebody help on this?
Did you guys end up choosing bachelors or two or more degrees?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oasis.gc1 said:
Did you guys end up choosing bachelors or two or more degrees?
One year of graduate study is not a second degree - you have to choose Bachelor's degree in this case.

And of course Canada gives Master's degrees in science and computer science! But if the course and thesis requirements are not similar to those in Canada, they cannot give that credit to degrees earned elsewhere because the holder of that degree will not have the same knowledge or ability.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
dobes said:
One year of graduate study is not a second degree - you have to choose Bachelor's degree in this case.

And of course Canada gives Master's degrees in science and computer science! But if the course and thesis requirements are not similar to those in Canada, they cannot give that credit to degrees earned elsewhere because the holder of that degree will not have the same knowledge or ability.
Agreed. The other issues is that Bachelor degrees are 4 years in Canada (not three). So this is yet another reason why a three year Bachelor + Masters taken outside of Canada is often evaluated as just a Bachelor degree for Canadian equivalency purposes.