+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES closed my account

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Good luck. If WES refused it, the others likely will to. IRCC has also been notified of your fraudulent degree, and if you submit it, you will likely be banned for five years.

Reactions: itzdrmac

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
I have not applied for Immigration yet and currently on my legal permit. I won't be submitting the documents until I verify it with the university that those were genuine documents. I guess rather than helping a way out you guys just scare people more who are already scared lol

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yours is the second case this week of someone:

- Attending an exams-only distance education centre
- Submitting the "degrees" to WES for verification
- WES closing accounts and reporting to IRCC, CBSA, and others

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't understand that attending an exams-only distance education centre that is not the university itself is a great way to be scammed.

Here's the other thread, for your reference: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/wes-found-forged-documents.660422/page-2#post-8252721

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you haven't submitted the degree to IRCC ever, you may not have misrepresented yourself yet. If you provide some more details about your situation the volunteers here may be able to offer some opinions.

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
That was my bachelors degree in IT and then I came to canada and did post baccalaureate in business management and currently working as a sales supervisor NOC B. I dont know what happens even if I get the degree verified from University. It was a distant learning and WES already has closed my account. So how can I prove documents were genuine

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You're skipping the question I asked. Have you submitted the degree to Canada for anything? You haven't misrepresented until you submit it, in my opinion - though you may need to ask a lawyer.

For your own sake, you need to contact the university that issued the degree, not the distance learning centre, and have them issue you a letter confirming your degree. In case you ever get asked by IRCC about whether or not it's fraudulent, you need a verified letter from the university itself saying it's not fraudulent.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
I have not applied for Immigration yet and currently on my legal permit. I won't be submitting the documents until I verify it with the university that those were genuine documents. I guess rather than helping a way out you guys just scare people more who are already scared lol
There is an option on WES as what purpose are you evaluating your degree. If you checked on Immigration, which I guess you would have, then WES will notify it to IRCC.

No one is trying to scare you, people are being genuine in their response.

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
You're skipping the question I asked. Have you submitted the degree to Canada for anything? You haven't misrepresented until you submit it, in my opinion - though you may need to ask a lawyer.

For your own sake, you need to contact the university that issued the degree, not the distance learning centre, and have them issue you a letter confirming your degree. In case you ever get asked by IRCC about whether or not it's fraudulent, you need a verified letter from the university itself saying it's not fraudulent.
On the basis of my degree I got study permit and completed post baccalaureate here in canada. But I haven't applied for immigration yet. I guess I have submitted the degree when i applied for study permit.
University agreed to verify my degree. I'm just worried what if WES or any other evaluation body verifies it again and same thing happens. I'll be proved wrong again and that will be more dangerous.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Did the university itself agree to verify that it's not fraudulent, or did the distance education centre?

You need to have completely perfect and strong evidence that the degree is not fake. It's still very suspicious that you have a bachelor's degree (a 4 year degree???) only through distance education and did not write assignments. You will need proof that the degree is valid and not from a diploma mill.

WES is supposed to be the place that does that. If you selected "immigration" as the reason why you were having the degree verified, they have informed IRCC of their results. Since you did submit the degree as part of your study permit application, if IRCC takes up WES report that your degree is fraudulent, you may get questions in the future about it. If you apply for immigration, you should talk to a lawyer about this. A lawyer can advise you on best strategies.

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
There is an option on WES as what purpose are you evaluating your degree. If you checked on Immigration, which I guess you would have, then WES will notify it to IRCC.

No one is trying to scare you, people are being genuine in their response.

Yes I selected immigration. Since I already had completed education.

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
University said they will verify it. And agreed to give me an affidavit with vice counsellor signature and stamp on it or whatever I need to prove that its genuine. The question is I haven't applied for PR yet nor I am eligible right now. So have I still misrepresented ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You'd need to ask a lawyer about that. I don't personally think so, but I'm not a lawyer.

Did you really not do any assignments and only do exams and still get a 4-year degree? Can you share what the name of the university is?