+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES CES MBA

rock841984

Mar 19, 2019
Hi,

My spouse had done BSc(3 years) and MBA (2 years). She received two Bachelor's equivalent from WES and not masters.

We were thinking to try our luck through CES. However they ask to pay separately for each bachelor and master degree ($210+210)

Is it possible to get only MBA evaluated from CES and for Bachelor's we can show the ECA from WES?
(however in evaluation report WES have mentioned two bachelor's degree so not sure if we can use as that will be contradictory report). Anyone can help in this?

Reactions: Kent12345

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
If I remember correctly, technically you don't need to send the two diplomas and transcripts to CES just the highest one. However, most 3-year Bachelor programs + 2-year Masters are normally considered Bachelors + 1 year post-graduate program, at least from what I've seen in other CES posts. You can definitely call or email them to ask if you need to provide the two diplomas and transcripts.

rock841984

Mar 19, 2019
If I remember correctly, technically you don't need to send the two diplomas and transcripts to CES just the highest one. However, most 3-year Bachelor programs + 2-year Masters are normally considered Bachelors + 1 year post-graduate program, at least from what I've seen in other CES posts. You can definitely call or email them to ask if you need to provide the two diplomas and transcripts.
Thank you. If we send only for Masters/MBA how they will determine regarding bachelor's degree (if it is 3 years or 4 years) and then give ECA outcome based on that as masters/bachelor's.
I was thinking about that how they will determine. Have sent them email not sure when they will reply (or reply in not very clear manner)

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I do not know the process that they follow on those cases. I'm inclined to believe that if they just receive your Masters, and they deem it as such, you'll receive Masters equivalency. However, if by your MBA program does not satisfy CES requirements for Masters, it would be considered a 1-yr post graduate degree, which you could use as a complement to the ECA you already have from WES.

Normally, for a Masters to be considered as one, I've noticed that it needs to be at least a 2-year program with no internship credits from a recognized university. CES replies within 2 business days, so expect an answer from them soon. Good luck!

rock841984

Mar 19, 2019
I do not know the process that they follow on those cases. I'm inclined to believe that if they just receive your Masters, and they deem it as such, you'll receive Masters equivalency. However, if by your MBA program does not satisfy CES requirements for Masters, it would be considered a 1-yr post graduate degree, which you could use as a complement to the ECA you already have from WES.

Normally, for a Masters to be considered as one, I've noticed that it needs to be at least a 2-year program with no internship credits from a recognized university. CES replies within 2 business days, so expect an answer from them soon. Good luck!
MBA is 2 years regular program. However bachelor is 3 years program. Hence I am doubtful if bachelor is also sent they may not give MBA as Master's. So was thinking whether ECA only for MBA will have better chances or what.

WES report says "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years) " for both.

If CES gives Master's equivalency not sure if we can use WES report for bachelor's as it mentions 2 bachelor's degrees.

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I have received an ECA report from WES for my MBA(Amrita university),M.Com and B.Com as 'Two or more degrees ' however this brings my CRS only to 463..looking at the cut offs now this seems low.. I am thinking of trying ECA again through ICES/CES... Do you think I can get a masters equivalency.. If yes can I only send my MBA or all three degrees are required...

In addition to this If ICES, after creating a ICES profile the university can directly send the documents signed and stamped via the email to them..that will be Enough to proceed with the application hopefully...

If CES, I think it has to be sent by the university itself only... Any idea which one saves time as I already spent 3 months for WES and now afraid to loose more time

Some one please advise....

Reactions: Kent12345

hassancheema36

Star Member
Nov 12, 2012

Bro please guide,
i have completed my Bachelors (4Year Hons) in IT and After that I have done MS (Mphil, Master in IT) As i am applying through ICES. Which degree should be ECA through ICES, As i will get points only from Masters(Because its Highest Degree) or i have to Send them BS Hons as well ?

R@$hM!

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
Hi,

I have received an ECA report from WES for my MBA(Amrita university),M.Com and B.Com as 'Two or more degrees ' however this brings my CRS only to 463..looking at the cut offs now this seems low.. I am thinking of trying ECA again through ICES/CES... Do you think I can get a masters equivalency.. If yes can I only send my MBA or all three degrees are required...

In addition to this If ICES, after creating a ICES profile the university can directly send the documents signed and stamped via the email to them..that will be Enough to proceed with the application hopefully...

If CES, I think it has to be sent by the university itself only... Any idea which one saves time as I already spent 3 months for WES and now afraid to loose more time

My MBA is 2 year, M.com 2 and B.Com 3 years..will ICES or CES consider it as a masters?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
MBA is 2 years regular program. However bachelor is 3 years program. Hence I am doubtful if bachelor is also sent they may not give MBA as Master's. So was thinking whether ECA only for MBA will have better chances or what.

WES report says "CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years) " for both.

If CES gives Master's equivalency not sure if we can use WES report for bachelor's as it mentions 2 bachelor's degrees.
From what I have read, CES considers MBAs as 1-year programs (I say this because normally people with a 3-year Bachelor + 2-year Masters get a Bachelor + 1-year post graduate program equivalency). You could try it, but I'm not sure it'll be evaluated as Masters. However, it could be evaluated as a 1-year post graduate program in the worst case scenario, and that combined with the ECA you already have will give you more points. Again, this is just my opinion.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

The duration of the degrees is really important for assessments (not that I agree, but it is what I've observed from other people). I find it weird that with a total of 7 years you did not get Masters equivalency. Maybe because fields are not related? Maybe you did your Masters concurrently? Maybe they had a lot of internship credits? I'm not sure. With CES, you would have to pay for each credential assessed. I'm not sure it would be a good idea to send all of your degrees, but most people that send 3 year Bachelors + 2 year Masters, get 4 year Bachelor Equivalency. However, as I said before, it could be evaluated as a 1-year post graduate program in the worst case scenario, and that combined with the ECA you already have will give you more points. Again, this is just my opinion. I don't know anything about ICES.

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Bro please guide,
i have completed my Bachelors (4Year Hons) in IT and After that I have done MS (Mphil, Master in IT) As i am applying through ICES. Which degree should be ECA through ICES, As i will get points only from Masters(Because its Highest Degree) or i have to Send them BS Hons as well ?
I don't know anything about ICES. How long did your MS take? As long as it took 2-years and no internship credits, you may have a case for Masters equivalency since you have a 4-year Bachelors. With CES you would have to send both diplomas. I think that if you haven't done it, you might want to do WES first, since it doesn't charge you separately for each diploma. Good luck!

beaverman

Jan 25, 2020
Hi, anyone with experience of using ICAS/ICES/CES regarding equivalency of PGPM/PGPHRM diploma provided by Indian B-schools.. has anyone obtained Masters equivalency yet using these organizations?

brindan

Jan 28, 2020

Even I am sailing in the same boat. I have 3 years of Bachelor and 2 years of master's. Do you have any update for the same from CES? Because even I am thinking that in case I provide my masters only, will they evaluate only masters? or else we have to share both to get the masters' equivalency?

vvik33

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi,

My spouse had done BSc(3 years) and MBA (2 years). She received two Bachelor's equivalent from WES and not masters.

We were thinking to try our luck through CES. However they ask to pay separately for each bachelor and master degree ($210+210)

Is it possible to get only MBA evaluated from CES and for Bachelor's we can show the ECA from WES?
(however in evaluation report WES have mentioned two bachelor's degree so not sure if we can use as that will be contradictory report). Anyone can help in this?
Someone did this and PR was rejected based on misrepresentation.
I don't have a link to the post anymore but you can find it in the forum if you search

brindan

Jan 28, 2020
Someone did this and PR was rejected based on misrepresentation.
I don't have a link to the post anymore but you can find it in the forum if you search
Hi, I have the same educational qualification. Bachelor for 3 years and Masters for 2 years. Can I opt for WES for bachelor evaluation and for masters CES?