+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment question...is it wrong?

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks Olubusayo! You just happen to capture my thought perfectly, I mean why demanding for official transcript sent directly from the school if you are still gonna do a secondary verification. Actually, both of my official transcripts had reached WES, it’s the verification process that is ongoing. And I was wondering how long that could you take bearing in mind the strict fact that it’s supposed to be a ‘communication between WES and the institution’ alone.
Anyway, thanks for the response, I appreciate!
If you have a contact at your university or law school, it's advisable to contact them to 'facilitate' speedy response.

Reactions: Pandora18

oddy4real

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Hi Loulou

It is frustrating. Do you need the extra points? Thankfully the extra points weren't an issue for me in the end.

I have read on here that IQAS can often classify a LLB as a professional degree. Can't say for definite though. Might be worth a search through the forum for that.
They classified mine as a professional degree

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as well. I have an undergraduate law degree from UK and ICESC assessed my degree as 4 year bachelors degree, I am thinking about reassessing it from IQAS but it takes a very long time. I contacted CIC on Facebook and they replied the following: ''Hi. Since a Bachelor of Law is one of the degrees we consider a professional degree, it will count as one even if WES assesses your education as a four-year bachelor. You can find out more about degrees and how we classify them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html Hope this helps!''.

Any suggestions on this and has anyone experienced it and does it actually work?

Nikhilesh11

Jul 26, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am in the same boat as well. I have an undergraduate law degree from UK and ICESC assessed my degree as 4 year bachelors degree, I am thinking about reassessing it from IQAS but it takes a very long time. I contacted CIC on Facebook and they replied the following: ''Hi. Since a Bachelor of Law is one of the degrees we consider a professional degree, it will count as one even if WES assesses your education as a four-year bachelor. You can find out more about degrees and how we classify them here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html Hope this helps!''.

Any suggestions on this and has anyone experienced it and does it actually work?
Can you share the screenshot?

JamesBond009

Nov 27, 2019
I have completed my master in account and finance. But evaluation report from wes says bachelors (4 years) in business administration ? Which is completely different? Did it happened with any one ?

stacygal

Jan 7, 2020
Hi guys, please does anyone have clues as to how long the verification process between WES and an institution in Nigeria takes—basically we are looking at a Nigerian University and Nigerian Law school here? I had no idea about the whole verification process till I git the mail from WES today to that effect. I was a bit taken aback because I was already estimating how long the actual evaluation process would take. It wasn’t funny at all. Thanks in anticipation of your response!
hello please I would like to know how WES accessed the LLB and BL Certificates.. thank u

Thefe

Mar 9, 2020
Hi @Olubusayo

Please did you evaluate your Law School Certificate and LL.B certificate with WES? Were you able to claim 2 or more certificates? I have successfully evaluated my LL.B certificate with ICAS but I was given the 4 years Bachelors degree and I'm trying to see if I can get more points for the Law School Certificate.

Anyone else that has an answer should please feel free th chip in a contribution.

Oluwabukolami

Mar 26, 2019
Hi @Olubusayo

Please did you evaluate your Law School Certificate and LL.B certificate with WES? Were you able to claim 2 or more certificates? I have successfully evaluated my LL.B certificate with ICAS but I was given the 4 years Bachelors degree and I'm trying to see if I can get more points for the Law School Certificate.

Anyone else that has an answer should please feel free th chip in a contribution.
Hi! I evaluated my LLB and BL with WES and I was able to claim 2 or more certificates.

mapleleaf523

Apr 12, 2019
I asked this question via the CIC Facebook messenger and got the following response:

“please note that no immigration decisions are made based on our social media answers. If WES evaluated your law degree as a four-year Canadian bachelors degree, you should be eligible for the extra points for holding a "professional degree." Professional degrees, by IRCC's definition, are programs and academic courses of higher theoretical and technical content which can be applied towards a degree, or which focus on preparation for further research, or on entry into professions with high skill requirements.”

I am going to claim professional degree on the EE form and then explain if I get an ITA.
Hey, any update on your application?

Realnice

Jun 28, 2021
Hi Olubusayo
Please how did you go about sending your Law school transcripts to WES?

Thanks
Hi
Have you been able to get an answer to this?
I want to have my BL evaluated too. Please anyone who can help with the process can respond as well. Thank you