WES assessment question...is it wrong?

sohamamin

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
Visa Office......
ottava
AOR Received.
21 nov
My cusrrentWES status is ""Your order is under final review and your evaluation report will be sent to your recipient(s).""
Still how many days I have to wait for my wes result??

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Urgent help needed here. Please help me.
I have a law degree and a call to bar certificate from Nigeria which wes evaluated as a bachelor's degree (four years) and a post graduate diploma (1 yr). However, I made the mistake of choosing masters/entry to practice licensed profession for my Canadian equivalency.
I have received ITA and I have submitted my application. I only realised this error yesterday. What can I do????????

P.s: when i recalculated my score claiming two degrees instead of professional degree, i still fall above the crs score for that round.
PLEASE REPLY, I AM SO WORRIED.
THANK YOU.
hey i'm trying to apply for my brother and he studied law in Nigeria too and also with a call to bar certificate. i intend to assess his two certificates by wes separately so that he can get more points. ie 5yr bachelor of law degree + nigerian law school certificate. based on the CRS calc he's far above the crs cut off score. how did yours turn out? did CIC issue you a pr even though you claimed professional degree?

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
hey i'm trying to apply for my brother and he studied law in Nigeria too and also with a call to bar certificate. i intend to assess his two certificates by wes separately so that he can get more points. ie 5yr bachelor of law degree + nigerian law school certificate. based on the CRS calc he's far above the crs cut off score. how did yours turn out? did CIC issue you a pr even though you claimed professional degree?
My Crs score was still higher than the score for that draw. So I still got my PR despite my mistake.
It's a good decision to evaluate both degrees so your brother can claim two or more degrees. All the best.

Pandora18

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
My Crs score was still higher than the score for that draw. So I still got my PR despite my mistake.
It's a good decision to evaluate both degrees so your brother can claim two or more degrees. All the best.
ok congrats! my other question is about the job experience part. what kind of document did you use to prove your job experience besides reference letter from the company? most Nigerian jobs don't exactly give paystubs. Is reference letter enough to prove job experience?

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
ok congrats! my other question is about the job experience part. what kind of document did you use to prove your job experience besides reference letter from the company? most Nigerian jobs don't exactly give paystubs. Is reference letter enough to prove job experience?
I got an additional document request.
So it might be good to show salary deposits in your account if you dont have pay slips. Employment letter can be added too.

Grace19

Mar 9, 2019
A very big Congratulations on your PR Olubusayo. Please I need your assistance. I am also a lawyer practicing in Nigeria. Please what NOC did you apply under. NOC 4112 (Laweyrs & Quebec Notaries) or NOC 4211 (Paralegal and Other related occupations). Thank you very much.

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
A very big Congratulations on your PR Olubusayo. Please I need your assistance. I am also a lawyer practicing in Nigeria. Please what NOC did you apply under. NOC 4112 (Laweyrs & Quebec Notaries) or NOC 4211 (Paralegal and Other related occupations). Thank you very much.
Thanks. 4112.

Loulou96

Jan 8, 2019
Hi everyone, sorry to reignite this old post but I have a similar issue. As I understand it on the express entry, a batchelor of Law is equivalent to a professional degree and therefor for the purpose of EE it is considered masters level. I have an LLB and Bar Vocational Course from U.K. universities and my WES assessment has come back as a 4 year batchelors degree and a postgraduate 1 year diploma. Has anyone successfully managed to get their WES assmentmemt amended to say Professional degree in these circumstances?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
Hi everyone, sorry to reignite this old post but I have a similar issue. As I understand it on the express entry, a batchelor of Law is equivalent to a professional degree and therefor for the purpose of EE it is considered masters level. I have an LLB and Bar Vocational Course from U.K. universities and my WES assessment has come back as a 4 year batchelors degree and a postgraduate 1 year diploma. Has anyone successfully managed to get their WES assmentmemt amended to say Professional degree in these circumstances?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
No, I havent heard of any Upgrade by WES. From what i have read from other people on this forum, it is only people with an undergraduate degree before earning their law degree that have their law degree assessed as a professional degree.
With your assessment from WES, u can only claim 2 or more degrees. All the best.

Loulou96

Jan 8, 2019
Thanks Olubusayo, this just seems to go against what the information on the CIC website states. They say that a Batchelor of Laws is a first professional degree. This is so frustrating.

Oluwabukolami

Mar 26, 2019
No, I havent heard of any Upgrade by WES. From what i have read from other people on this forum, it is only people with an undergraduate degree before earning their law degree that have their law degree assessed as a professional degree.
With your assessment from WES, u can only claim 2 or more degrees. All the best.
Hi Olubusayo.
Please how long did it take for Law School to send your transcript and certificate to WES?

Olubusayo

Oct 15, 2016
Hi Olubusayo.
Please how long did it take for Law School to send your transcript and certificate to WES?
Hi,
About 5/6 months in total. Because WES still sent a verification request to Law school, even though Law school sent them my transcripts directly. Yours might be shorter cos there were some mistakes with the reply Law school sent to WES, so my verification reply was sent twice.

Oluwabukolami

Mar 26, 2019
Hi,
About 5/6 months in total. Because WES still sent a verification request to Law school, even though Law school sent them my transcripts directly. Yours might be shorter cos there were some mistakes with the reply Law school sent to WES, so my verification reply was sent twice.
My God! I have been waiting for them to send my transcript for a month now. Yeah. I know about the verification issue. Makes the whole process longer but they haven’t even sent it at all!
One more question please, do you know if I can claim two or more degrees with a Bsc from Nigeria and an Associate degree from the US?
And thank you for your quick reply