+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES assessment: for me and wife

navneet1983

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
tomsware said:
U rright, not need for spouse,

But if there isnpoint for spouse edu and u want that point, then u need assessment ... Samjhi?

IF there isnt any point for spouse education - how can I want or get those points/ need assessment? No points for spouse education will mean no points whether we get assessment or not... right?

navneet1983

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
As per my knowlegde, we are not getting any points for spouse education as per the new points criteria. They have replaced it with spouse english proficiency which means to get those points, spouse will have to appear for ielts. check out the first post here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

so now I think there is no requirement for spouse ECA - do you agree?

Its just that the points calculator on cic website still uses the old criteria to calculate the points - not too efficient I would say

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
already submitted with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
navneet1983 said:
As per my knowlegde, we are not getting any points for spouse education as per the new points criteria. They have replaced it with spouse english proficiency which means to get those points, spouse will have to appear for ielts. check out the first post here

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

so now I think there is no requirement for spouse ECA - do you agree?

Its just that the points calculator on cic website still uses the old criteria to calculate the points - not too efficient I would say
You are right PROBABLY ... But final circular yet to come

tomsware

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-07-2013
IELTS Request
navneet1983 said:
This confirms it

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2012/2012-08-18/html/reg2-eng.html
Yet again, these are proposed ...

Technically, not approved or circulated ...

Mostl likely, it will come like this ... Yet, not confirmed.

Apr 22, 2013
Hi guys

i read in CIC that it seems that there will be points given to spouse's education.

this article seems to be new as it shows the new point system, right?

so, if there are points to be earned, does this mean that we need to get our spouse's education assessed as well? OR, the primary applicant is the only one that needs to undergo ECA?

please advise.

thanks very much.

Efat

Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Jun-14
AOR Received.
14-Oct-14
So far I understood there will no points be given for spouse's education instead English proficiency will be treated for bonus 5 points. Then why spouse's education needs to be assessed?

aidin444

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloverchips999** said:
Hi guys

i read in CIC that it seems that there will be points given to spouse's education.

so, if there are points to be earned, does this mean that we need to get our spouse's education assessed as well? OR, the primary applicant is the only one that needs to undergo ECA?

please advise.

thanks very much.
I think let's just give it a shot and get ECA for wife too. It's just $230. I'll take the risk.

navneet1983

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
cloverchips999** said:
Hi guys

please advise.

thanks very much.
Hi - whts the source of the info - please post the link. I think CIC clearly mentioned that they will replace spouse education points with spouse english in adaptabilty section