+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Assessment for Express Entry

V_Kaneda

Jan 24, 2015
Hi Team,

I'm in UK and and posted my education degrees for WES evaluation. However it taking toooo long (because of customs clearance - as per the online tracking - more than 10 days)

Is it mandatory to receive WES education assessment before submitting electronic Express Entry profile? I have masters and I know I'll be receiving masters from WES, but since Royal Mail is taking long ... can I save time on that front?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance for the reply

NOC4162

Jan 23, 2015
If you already have a WES reference number and are pretty sure what your equivalent assessments are going to be, I think you can submit your EE profile. My guess is that by the time WES officially completes your evaluation, you will have known whether you got an ITA or not. You would have 60 days to submit all documentation. I think its safe to submit EE now. Thanks.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
V_Kaneda said:
Hi Team,

I'm in UK and and posted my education degrees for WES evaluation. However it taking toooo long (because of customs clearance - as per the online tracking - more than 10 days)

Is it mandatory to receive WES education assessment before submitting electronic Express Entry profile? I have masters and I know I'll be receiving masters from WES, but since Royal Mail is taking long ... can I save time on that front?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance for the reply
You can create your profile, but be aware you won't receive any points for your education, if you have a masters that's around 130 (I can't remember off the top of my head) which is a sizable amount. You can always update your profile with your ECA results when you receive them, but be aware your points will be lower, reducing the possibility of being selected anyway, but it can't hurt to create it anyway.

amjk28

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Hi all!
I just have a query about WES. I already got my WES evaluation back in 2013, however I do not have the original with me anymore, I have a duplicate copy though. Do you think CIC will accept a duplicate copy from WES once they ask for my documents?
Hope someone can give advice.
Thanks!