+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Application for ACCA members

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
Hi, While assessing ACCA with WES, what did you put in the “Type of Education” field? Was is “higher education” or “Further and Professional Education: BTEC Diplomas, Externally Examined Qualifications”? I would appreciate if you could please let me know.

I am an ACCA member and have an OBU as well.

While I understand that for OBU, the type of education is "Higher education" I am just not sure about what to insert for my ACCA membership. Although "Further and professional..." makes more sense for ACCA, I am concerned that they might evaluate ACCA as a diploma (instead of a degree) if selected this category. I want to be able to claim points for double bachelors and hence would appreciate if someone who has done WES for ACCA can share their experience.

Thanks!

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hi, While assessing ACCA with WES, what did you put in the “Type of Education” field? Was is “higher education” or “Further and Professional Education: BTEC Diplomas, Externally Examined Qualifications”? I would appreciate if you could please let me know.

I am an ACCA member and have an OBU as well.

While I understand that for OBU, the type of education is "Higher education" I am just not sure about what to insert for my ACCA membership. Although "Further and professional..." makes more sense for ACCA, I am concerned that they might evaluate ACCA as a diploma (instead of a degree) if selected this category. I want to be able to claim points for double bachelors and hence would appreciate if someone who has done WES for ACCA can share their experience.

Thanks!
Brother again asking the same question i already replied to you.

OBU would be bachelors
And ACCA would be Further and professional studies.

They wont make it diploma. I am an ACCA Member with OBU and got 2 four year bachelors for these two.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020

OBU would be bachelors

They wont make it diploma. I am an ACCA Member with OBU and got 2 four year bachelors for these two.
Hi Ziad, thanks alot. May I ask how long ago did you undertake the ECA and how far have you reached with your PR application.

Also, given that you have a profile that is similar to me, what do you think are the best ways for people like us to boost their CRS score? I am below the current cutoff (which I hope will come down in the next few months) but I am trying to find out ways to increase the score in the meantime. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: I will continue picking your brain to learn from your experience.

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Hi Ziad, thanks alot. May I ask how long ago did you undertake the ECA and how far have you reached with your PR application.

Also, given that you have a profile that is similar to me, what do you think are the best ways for people like us to boost their CRS score? I am below the current cutoff (which I hope will come down in the next few months) but I am trying to find out ways to increase the score in the meantime. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

PS: I will continue picking your brain to learn from your experience.
I have not recieved ITA yet ;):p but hopefully soon.

Best way would be IELTS that does increase the score significantly if you can get CLB 10 in each section.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
I have not recieved ITA yet ;):p but hopefully soon.

Best way would be IELTS that does increase the score significantly if you can get CLB 10 in each section.
I wish the best and hope we both get it soon. I am also planning to appear to IELTS exam in a month's time (for the first time so I am little anxious).

If you dont mind me asking, what points are you at? One other option that someone suggested was to get a masters degree. I dont have one yet. Has this thought crossed your mind?

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
I have already maxed IELTS so for me the option is to either learn french or go to canada for masters and get a post graduate work permit and get points for both canadian education and canadian work experience.

These are the only things that would put me 100% on the ita path. But i am hoping to get ita soon without it. These two things are back up plans.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
I have already maxed IELTS so for me the option is to either learn french or go to canada for masters and get a post graduate work permit and get points for both canadian education and canadian work experience.

These are the only things that would put me 100% on the ita path. But i am hoping to get ita soon without it. These two things are back up plans.
Wow! Having maxed out IELTS I would have thought you would have already qualified for an ITA. How far in terms on points are you. If not comfortable disclosing here, feel free to ping me at burhan_anwar@live.co.uk

ziadnasir

Jan 19, 2019
Wow! Having maxed out IELTS I would have thought you would have already qualified for an ITA. How far in terms on points are you. If not comfortable disclosing here, feel free to ping me at burhan_anwar@live.co.uk
Hahaha same goes for me. I am very near to the cuttoff so fingers crossed. By some luck i might push through to the other end.

BravoAC

Aug 21, 2020
Hahaha same goes for me. I am very near to the cuttoff so fingers crossed. By some luck i might push through to the other end.
I wish you the very best. Stay in touch and keep updating your progress, it really helps ppl like me. I have just setup a WES account today and hoping to book an IELTS towards the end of the month. Being very early in the process, I am still figuring a few things out. Do stay in touch.

zain.ahmed924

Dec 5, 2020

OBU would be bachelors

Hi Ziad,

You meant to say was

OBU = Higher Education
ACCA = Further and Professional Education

Right?

Regards,
ZA